Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What is in corned beef? or do I not want to know?
  • rob2
    Free Member

On the tin for ingredients its says “100% corned beef”

Does anyone know what is actually in corned beef? or is it cow bum holes and stuff I’d be better off not knowing about?!

Onzadog
    Free Member

doesn’t beef just mean, from a cow?

I heard a tail (sic) about a certain burger place that does 100% beef. Seems they get away with using a section of intestine from which you can never quite fully remove what you’d expect to find there. I’ve not been there since!

Bunnyhop

Brisket and lots of salt.

Drac

Cured beef, bisket is the American form we call that Salt Beef. Corned beef here is beef and Onzadog is right it may not all be from cuts of meat although it has to have a higher percentage of meat to offal ratio.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

[homer]

mmmmm mechanicaly reclaimed cow bits

coffeeking
    Free Member

mmmm corned beef. cant see a problem with eating almost any part of a cow, offal included. Contents are only grass n bile, you ride through the poo often anyway!

plop_pants
    Free Member

the slightly chewier bits are pizzle.

bruneep

isn’t it made up of arseholes and lips?

redthunder
    Free Member

bum holes and eyelids.

Nezbo
    Free Member

I am not to sure what is in it but, corn beef comes from the days where salers used to have no fridges. They used to cover beef in tonnes of salt called corn salt to make the meay last longer, hence the name corn beef. I think i watch to much QI…

steve_b77
    Free Member

Dogs, cats, mice, pigeons, cows bums & corn

Keva
    Free Member

fat, salt and a bit of beef.

just buy a steak it’s got more meat on it.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

If you read several brands of tins, you realise some of them say things like

20% beef
    20% cooked beef

So, why was some of the beef precooked? Was it originally for another purpose? Why is some of it not cooked?
    It put me right off.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What is in corned beef? or do I not want to know?’ is closed to new replies.