Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What Hope brake pads…..
  • charliemort

After trying a bike with Avid Guides, my Mono M4’s didn’t feel great in comparison, which got me thinking a bout pads

My pads are pretty worn – think they are Superstar (or maybe UberBike) ones – maybe I should stick to Hope pads?

Any thoughts?

thanks

cp

When I ran Hope brakes I found their own pads really good – they may be more expensive but they used to last for ages and work well too.

chiefgrooveguru

When I ran Hope brakes I found their own pads really good – they may be more expensive but they used to last for ages and work well too.

Both my bikes have Hope pads and they last so well they easily justify the extra cost.

creamegg
    Free Member

hopes. simples

rocketman
    Free Member

As above Hope every time

charliemort

think I’ll get some Hope’s then…..

organic or sintered?

chambord
    Free Member

I use superstar, they are a bit crap but bright red so look cool and I bought rucks of them in a deal they had on a while ago so I’m stuck with them for now.

creamegg
    Free Member

sintered. they last better

sniffy
    Free Member

Tried others, supposedly by the same manufacturers, often squeal and definately dont last or work as well in the peaks, I always come back to Hope’s own sintered as mentioned above

adsh
    Free Member

Front organic – last well even in winter, progressive and powerful
    Rear sintered – good enough, wear less rapidly. Keep the less worn one to match with other less worn ones as winter progresses.

chiefgrooveguru

I’m mostly using the organic ones. I think the sintered work better when it’s chucking it down with rain or if you have more abrasive local mud than I do, otherwise the organic have a bit more power and are very good at not squealling.

smatkins1
    Free Member

I tried others then went back to hope. Just switched to sintered now it’s getting wet.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What Hope brake pads…..’ is closed to new replies.