• This topic has 62 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by juan.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • What holidays do you have to look forward to?
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Okay so the weather this weekend has been awesome in Cardiff, just like summer! friday went to Cwmcarn, Sat did the Wall and Sunday did Whites Level got me thinking about the summer and holidays.

2 weeks I’m off to Morocco on cycleactive trip for 8 days in the mountains in the sun, then in June Morzine for the Portes du Soleil. What MTB inspired holidays have you got planned? gives me more hols to think about …..

crikey
    Free Member

None. 3 kids plus credit crunch = no spare cash, but thanks for asking.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Not quite up to your sun-filled adventures munque-chick 😉 …10 days up in Aviemore at the end of July! 🙂

But we’ve just had 2 days fantasic riding in the Lakes and doing K’tree tomorrow so I’m not really thinking about it yet!

dave_aber
    Free Member

Off to Val d’Isere for my second ski trip of the spring on Saturday. Woo Hoo.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I’m going to spend 5 or 6 weeks in the rainforests in Peru then will spend a week or 2 in Cusco. Can’t wait!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I almost never take holidays. I like the life I live 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

We were originally going to spend a week in Scotland doing the routes up there but mates were going to Morzine and couldn’t resist missing out on another trip .. think it’s my 6th year!! Luckily I don’t have kids!!!Skiing got kyeboshed as we are off to Morocco.

Peru sounds awesome .. always wanted to go to south America. I save all my money and time off for holidays, got to love experiencing MTBing around the World. Whistler, Moab, South America to go at some point!

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Spain in september, would love to do a usa mtb hols soon to ! dont think it’ll happen this year

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Long weekend next weekend, best mate is getting married. Which is nice. Not really a holiday, but still excellent thing to look forward to!

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

After 12 months of hard work and studying i finally have Barbados to look forward to in June for a week. I have no problem in admitting that i cannot **** wait to feel the sun on me!! Oh yes!!

squiff
    Free Member

Going to the Alps MTB with the lads in july for 8 days

Camping with the family, maybe going to Newquay

and a family holiday aboard somewhere

mrmo
    Free Member

nothing, redundancy looming, and the pound being worth f all. Once i know when i am going i might book a few weeks away to get my head sorted

aleigh
    Free Member

I’m going to see my brother in Canada to do some biking and I’m off to America with my girls next year 😀

pcb
    Free Member

Cornwall in September. Then France MTB in July 2010.

uplink
    Free Member

Moab & Fruita in May & family camping in the new Forest in August

Off to do the queen charlotte walkway (New Zealand) today. Then Whistler in July.

corroded
    Free Member

Off to Melbourne next Monday to see my on-off GF for a couple of months. Pretty much my favourite city: great coffee, wine, beer, food and cockatoos – what’s not to like? Hope to do a bit of mtb in Tasmania.

Then as soon as I get back I’m going stay with some friends in Burgundy for a couple of months. Will take the mtb for pedal-powered wine touring. So that’s a third of the year accounted for. Will give me time to figure out how to escape the winter.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

A week on a canal boat in the north west of England in a few weeks, a week in the alps in August

crazy-legs

Nothing. 🙁
    Being redundant for 3 months means zero cash and, although I’m now back in a job it’s only a 3-month contract.

I did go to Barecelona and Girona at the end of Jan (booked before I was made redundant!) but since the return flight cost £8 all in and I was staying with friends it was actually a very cheap weekend away! 🙂

ton

I almost never take holidays. I like the life I live

cos you are a tightwad barnsey…… 😉

pyrenees in 3 weeks…….darksiding 😯

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

None. Too much work, not enough money.

Ambrose

I’m a teecher so i always get lodes ov holidaes.

Off to the Alps for 2 1/2 weeks in August, then Poiters to see some rellies. At the moment I’m taking a break from packing for another Bothy trip. This time to tour the North Wales bothies and trail centres. Hope to get some big hills done too, but the weather might be a bit rubbish so perhaps I’ll give it a miss until my next week off. Life is good.

chico
    Free Member

off to luxor wedsnesday. Tenerife in july, going to try lava trax mtb while im there

curtisthecat
    Free Member

We are off to Calabria for a wedding(I am the best man and have to do a speech in Italian… yikes!!!) in august. Hopefully I will be able to take the bike and stop somewhere in the Alps. Then we are off to Normandy for a week in September.

woffle
    Free Member

2 weeks camping in Brittany with the family – right on the beach so lots of messing around in the sea and rock-pooling with my two daughters. My parents, as well as my 3 other siblings are also tagging along with my nieces and nephews so a real family occasion. Aside from the kids, spear fishing, snorkeling etc I’ll be taking the airnimal and spending a couple of days exploring the coastal roads and cliff top pathways…

First holiday in about 4 years – so can’t wait.

4ndyB
    Free Member

Holi-what-now?

Been working a 6 day week since November, can’t take time off as we’re too busy, no idea when I’ll get a what did you call it? a holi-whatsit?

steveh

I’m off to finale ligure for 5 days at the end of may. 4.5 days of uplidts, dry trails, beach side relaxing at the end of the day… I can’t wait.

chico
    Free Member

(Been working a 6 day week since November, can’t take time off as we’re too busy, no idea when I’ll get a what did you call it? a holi-whatsit? )

youll learn one day. lifes for living not working. there are no prizes for the hardest worker, i dont want my head stone to say here lays chico he worked hard…………

Ambrose

Woffle – that sounds SO good.

chico
    Free Member

lol. i know

johnhoo
    Free Member

Canada in summer 🙂

Family wedding in Calgary, will probs be staying in Canmore or Banff areas; definitely visiting Lake Louise & the big glacier.

Taking helmet, shoes, shorts, camelbak etc on the off chance that I might get a ride in. Not sure what MrsH will do while I’m out on a hire bike though…

druidh
    Free Member

Holidays? I don’t get those any more. 8)

Tracey

2 weeks in Verbier, August

Tracey

psychle
    Free Member

1 month in Oz (back home) for all of May, a week in Scotland (or maybe the Alps) in August or September and then 2 weeks in India for Christmas…

Just got back from Guatemala 2 weeks ago as well 🙂

tinribz
    Free Member

Few days in Glentress very soon (yay!), the Black Forest in summer.

Currently debating whether to take bikes or hire something there.

Does anyone know what rate/if they charge on ferries for towbar bike racks?

mrsflash
    Free Member

Italy in September with Rivierabike.

Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

Nepal in 6 weeks time to ride the Annapurna circuit twice in 10 days!

4ndyB
    Free Member

Chico I know that life is for living & I make the most of my spare time, but when you’re paid minimum wage & you have a house to run on your own you have to make a little sacrifice now & again, I’m trying to make as much money as possible during our busy season so when things do slacken off I can still afford the mortgage etc!

I was planning a holiday up in Scotland sampling the trails & single malts, but seen as my riding buddies wives all seem to be due in summer I’ve decided to cancel it as I can’t afford to go solo

TenMen
    Free Member

2 kids + remortgage = static caravan in Devon. But I’m quite happy with that.

RepacK
    Free Member

Alps in July & hopefully BC in September – better take my brave pills for that one!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘What holidays do you have to look forward to?’ is closed to new replies.