Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • What hobby can I take up..
  • bedwasboy
    Free Member

Looking for something to do indoors over the winter evenings, what do you do?

DT78
    Free Member

Port and cheese

Junkyard
    Free Member

weaving

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Ride my bike with lights on. 😀

grum
    Free Member

Cry/masturbate.

bedwasboy
    Free Member

Good start, drink and eat too much already, weaving!!

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Writing.

andrewni
    Free Member

Cry/masturbate.

At the same time? that’s a bit too niche for someone just starting a new hobby, basics first! 🙂

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Competitive eating? Whittling?

bedwasboy
    Free Member

Not quite the replies I was thinking but it’s a start..

Harry_the_Spider

Airfix.

Rockape63
    Free Member

PS3 COD of course!

bedwasboy
    Free Member

Airfix now there’s an idea, Lego takes me back to my childhood.

Harry_the_Spider

Making a Messerschmitt BF109 at the mo and taking my time over it. It’ll still look ropey but I enjoy fiddling with it whilst listening to the radio and avoiding all of the crap on TV.

bedwasboy
    Free Member

Don’t do TV so computer games probably not ideal, I do like the idea of making stuff tho..

crankboy
    Free Member

I am revisiting my childhood by building and painting airfix model planes to hang from my sons ceiling. Not sure my wife completely buys that I’m just doing it for him .

As a teenager I used to paint model soldiers organised into “historically accurate ” ancient armies and fight my mates using incredibly detailed rules that could generate a massive argument / debate . An excellent way of spending time and money.

http://m1176.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/crankboy1965/IMAG0233FIGHTER.jpg.html?o=2&newest=1
    The link is for harry the spider if you are doing the 1/72 model I bet you don’t apply all the transfers.

meehaja
    Free Member

climbing wall?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Perfect the sex position number 9. Curled up, in bed alone, crying.

Garry_Lager

Bridge is a great game to get into – easy to play once you’re up and running but very deep. Does need a bit of commitment to pick up – worth it though. Can be played online (for nowt) or at a club.

Poker is fun with mates and v easy to pick up – also deep if you want to get into it, but the online grind experience is pish-boilingly boring (ISTM).

benji
    Free Member

Train on your rollers/turbo, then a good book, bedtime and it’s time to go to work all over again.

demonracer

I build toy cars when it’s cold and wet or I’m feeling stressed … Bit sad but I find it quite therapeutic. Here’s some of my current crop of unfinished projects!

bearnecessities

I was thinking about climbing wall for same reasons.

nedrapier

climbing wall is a great one. Commit early though: take stuff to work and go on the way home if you can.

Much easier than getting home out of the cold, dark, wetness* getting changed and then trying to leave the house again!

*possibly also starless and bible-black, the cobblestreets silent and the hunched, courters’-and-rabbits’ wood limping invisible down to the sloeblack, slow, black, crowblack, fishingboatbobbing sea.

nedrapier

I’ve got a few of these at home, inherited from my Grandpa. Might give one a bash this winter.

trout
    Free Member

build a home brewery and Brew some beer from all grain

samuri
    Free Member

Draw

Wiggins et Cuddles by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

athgray
    Free Member

Home brewing

nedrapier

What about course of diving instruction if you’ve got a diving pool near you?

I did a couple a few winters ago when I lived in Guildford. Brilliant excercise, fun, scary, challenging phyiscally and mentally; and hugely satisfying when you get it right.

The rush of anticipatory adrenalin when you’re on the board, ready to start (and later, visualising being in the same spot) is something I’ve not found doing anything else. Probably why I wasn’t especially good at it!

transporter13
    Free Member

Xbox and cod

Squidlord
    Free Member

+1 Airfix. ‘Cos:

– it’s as cheap/simple or as complex/expensive as you like (bit like cycling really…)
    – it feels creative, even when you’re just blindly following the instructions
    – girls find it a huge turn-on
    – you may accidentally learn something about history, engineering etc

(NB: one of the above points may not actually be 100% true)

hitman
    Free Member

learn to play guitar

totalshell

airfix for grown ups .. eduard.. i research and build ww1 nieuport aircraft in 1/48 they end up about 120mm long..
    http://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/Plastic-kits/Weekend-edition/Nieuport-17-1-48.html
    i have whole squadrons of the things loads of high detail brass bits to add.. they are small detailed colourful and relatively cheap and i make them on a bread board..i can spend anything from 3o seconds to 8 hours depending on what time i have..

totalshell

airfix for grown ups .. eduard.. i research and build ww1 nieuport aircraft in 1/48 they end up about 120mm long..
    http://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/Plastic-kits/Weekend-edition/Nieuport-17-1-48.html
    i have whole squadrons of the things loads of high detail brass bits to add.. they are small detailed colourful and relatively cheap and i make them on a bread board..i can spend anything from 3o seconds to 8 hours depending on what time i have..

totalshell

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Guitar

njee20
    Free Member

Holy shit samurai, well done!

tinribz
    Free Member

Three words, electric drum kit.

yunki
    Free Member

sit on singletrackworld arguing..?
    watch Hollyoaks..?

I don’t know any other things to do.. 😳

Cletus

Cooking can be good fun if you do not do much at the moment.

Lots of evening classes available and you can inflict your creations on family/friends/colleagues

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘What hobby can I take up..’ is closed to new replies.