Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)
  • What HiFi speakers are you using?
  • oldboy
    Free Member

I’m not surprised – aren’t they £20,000 or something?!

Not quite, but getting there when you add up all the other bits of kit.

oldboy
    Free Member

Meridian DSP5200 with a squeezebox touch – simple but stunning

Running my ATC SCM50 Active Towers through a Benchmark HDR Pre/ DAC and a Squeezebox Touch – a magic little box considering its budget price!

womble72
    Free Member

Blu ray Player and a pair of Dynaudio Xeo3’s…. Brilliant sound.

doof_doof
    Free Member

I’m not surprised – aren’t they £20,000 or something?!

I bought mine sencond hand (6 months old) for quite a lot less than RRP (no where near £20k!).

No need for fancy schmancy speaker cables and interconnects either

mashiehood
    Free Member

The SBT is a cracking bit of kit, running off a synology nas with flac and some hi res music. The whole combination with the stunning 5200 speakers is, well stunning!

swan0mighty
    Free Member

a mint pair of B&W 601s3 speakers which just happen to be for sale…

ourmaninthenorth

So, how many of you lot are on PFM?

fenred
    Free Member

Cheap by comparison to some on here 😯

Yamaha RX475 AV receiver, pair of CA S30’s and a Tanoy SFX sub does me just fine.

Oh, and some nice thick, ‘need my best cable cutters to cut’ cables…Mmmm 😉

lodious
    Free Member

Good to hear other ATC owners happy with what they have got, also good to see some acoustic treatment behind the NS1000’s 🙂

neilnevill
    Free Member

Oooh bugger….I knew I shouldn’t have read this.
    After doing so I’ve just been browsing….upgrade research… And I was happy before!

Has something happened to mordaunt short? Richer sounds seem to have dropped them. I also see the mezzo 8s are 45% off every where but only black available…. Hmmm. I could make my avianno 6s the rear pair and get those 8s… then move the full alumni set up to another room…. Ideas ideas…

ski
    Free Member

Old Nad 304 amp, Monitor Audio BX2 speakers, Pro-Ject RPM 1.3 Genie turntable.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Some Tannoy floorstanders with my TV / Sony 5.1 Amp with Sony cube centre and surround. Not sure what they are 6xx (Twin drivers with a tweeter in between) and some little Mission speakers on my Onkyo mini hifi hooked up to my laptop for streaming TuneIn

BillMC

KEF Q20

A bit brighter than the B and W DM10s they replaced.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I have mission MX1 at work and KEF Q300 at home

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I was just wondering, now that we’re on page 4, is any of this helping you, RustySpanner?

neilnevill
    Free Member

Lol! HiFi threads on here do wander from the origins don’t they. At least this hasn’t turned into an agreement about interconnects.

slowoldman

Be fair. OP did say “Not fussed how cheap or expensive, just tell me why you like ’em”.

brickyard
    Free Member

cambridge audio c30’s – superb sound. need speaker stands though!

neilnevill
    Free Member

Well I like mordaunt short ( I originally bought a full 5.1 set of alumni, later I upgraded the front pair to avianno 6 floor standers). I tried kef – incredible detail, precision and separation but no warmth so great for jazz but not pop and rock. I tried wharfdale – the opposite, great warmth but lacking control and accuracy. Ms have, for me, 90% of the best of both. Occasionally a bit of scibalence but not enough to annoy me.

Hifi is all personal. Is not an accurate sound, it’s a pleasant sound. You need to have a bit of a listen.

RustySpanner

Mr Woppit – Member

I was just wondering, now that we’re on page 4, is any of this helping you, RustySpanner?

It’s been interesting. 😀
    Always nice to see which gear others rate.
    I’ll try a few brands I’ve not heard before and revisit a few old favourites before I make my mind up.

Hadge – you’ve got mail, btw.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘What HiFi speakers are you using?’ is closed to new replies.