• This topic has 19 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by powerfulz88-spam.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What Headband sweatband
  • lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

Most seem to be too thick and make it difficult to get your helmet on. Anyone know of anything suitable to stop the sweat going into my eyes?

torihada
    Free Member

I got a nice new helmet Buff courtesy of ST new subscribers deal. Wore it under my helmet last night: perfect.

jam-bo

halo

zilog6128

Yeah I just wear a buff pirate-style. Soaks up sweat in the summer, keeps you warm in the winter.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Really? What’s next a what underpants thread?

zilog6128

Nah, that was yesterday! Get with the program!

theotherjonv

if you dont want a full buff, get to a motorbike shop and buy some of their non-Buff brand buffs (I got 3 for a tenner, oxford brand) and cut them into strips about 3″ in width. Perfect sweat absorbing headbands without making the top of your head hot.

dickie
    Free Member

I use the Halo – it makes a difference. And I curse like hell when I forget it especailly in hot weather.

zilog6128

TK Maxx often has Oxford stuff, including “buffs”, very cheap. I have loads now!

jam-bo

I haven’t used mine since I changed from specialized to giro helmets

milkyman
    Free Member

I agree dickie, work really well, don’t even know you have it on, quick swill under tap when I get home job done

endurogangster
    Free Member

I use a bandana folded, then rolled and tied at the back, works a treat, great to ring out out and then slap your mates with!

warpcow
    Free Member

Buff thing never worked for me: got saturated as quickly as helmet pads and felt uncomfortably warm, which defeats the purpose really. Got a SweatGutr instead. Much better: nothing to saturate, just leads the sweat away. It interferes with the straps of my new helmet though so a Halo is now winging its way to me.

dizcostix
    Free Member

I’ve been on a ride with endurogangster and his sodden bandana. He did get caught out once by having a spare red one hanging out his back right pocket on a ride near brighton.

Something to do with the bandana/handkerchief code 😯

anyway, buff is defo the way forward!

JoeG
    Free Member

Halo +1

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Halo +1

wobbliscott
    Free Member

If you’ve got a well ventilated helmet then a Buff thing should work. they wick away the sweat from your head and help it evaporate away, which also keeps your head cool. If your buff is getting saturated and leaking sweat, then your helmet is not ventilating well enough for the evaporation process to work.

I always ride with my buff on – keeps my head warm in the winter, cool in the summer and keeps the sweat off my face and out of my eyes.

I forgot my buff a few rides ago and it was horrible. A wet sweaty head, dripping into my eyes and when I stopped my head chilled down. Horrible. I always buff up.

benp1

Thanks to this thread I’ve just spent nearly £30 on sweatbands…

If it works i’ll be happy though

lovegoinguphills
    Free Member

Thanks for all the suggestion, am gonna try a Halo

bigdean

Halo headbands last 20mins for me, ok on roadbike with the faster moving air to dry them. Tried a buff, there good to protect the head from sun but spend half the ride rotating the wet side to dry.

I now ride with no headband or pads in the helmet and just drip away with a wrist band on each arm just to .
    Not pretty but its best so far.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What Headband sweatband’ is closed to new replies.