Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • What headangle for Bikepark Wales?
  • greeble
    Free Member

Going to ride bikepark wales soon. Do I stick with 68 degree stock, fit a 0.5, 1 or 1.5 cane creek angleset?
    I’d be stoked to the Max for the amount of gnar I can shred over the weekend the head angle is detrimental to my stoke factor

Northwind

Cane Creek? Noob. Works Components make higher quality, simpler angles.

sharkattack

It depends on the length of your active front centre in relation to the feng-shui of your dynamic kinematics.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not sure, but you wouldn’t want it to look too strange in the car park or the cafe….

bikeneil
    Free Member

It all depends how long your arms are.

andrewh
    Free Member

Do 0.5 increments really give the range of adjustments you need? Fair play to you if you can ride a bike set up that casually, but I need mine at 0.1 degree increments maximum. You’d be buggered if it turns out you need 68.3…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Do 0.5 increments really give the range of adjustments you need? Fair play to you if you can ride a bike set up that casually, but I need mine at 0.1 degree increments maximum. You’d be buggered if it turns out you need 68.3…

Or conversely does 0.5 actually make any meaningful difference at all apart from being able to state you have a [insert this weeks fashionable number] head angle 🙂

tonyg2003

I’d be more worried about which mud tyres to fit on the red / black routes. Some (Half cut?) were as slippery as he’ll last weekend

stevede
    Free Member

I’ve heard from a friend who’s mate works in a bike shop and is sponsored that the trails come alive at 62deg HA at BPW.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

More importantly, what seat angle to set the uplift seat to to look most gnarrradsizzle??

wilko1999
    Free Member

😀 stevede that’s interesting. Generally the trails come alive at 65.08 HA, maybe its different for uplift centres

oxym0r0n

I would wait till you get there – have breakfast, get changed, change your tyres for the conditions, have a go on the pump track, look in the shop and have some lunch in the cafe, do an uplift run then change your ha appropriately. Or to save time you could ask someone who has already done the run what your setup should be then tweak it before you ride…

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I’ve heard from a friend who’s mate works in a bike shop and is sponsored that the trails come alive at 62deg HA at BPW.

Yeah, but only if you’re running 650b. Amateur 🙄

clubber
    Free Member

Head angle? seriously? 🙄 You need to get your stem angle right. That’s the critical one.

chestrockwell

Do people really take a few pairs of tyres to a location then change when there? If so, you’ve got far too much time on your hands.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

clubber – Member
    Head angle? seriously? You need to get your stem angle right. That’s the critical one.

Pffft. NOOOBZ!

Everyone knows that unless you have your brake lever angle just so, your gnarpoon will not shred a single gnat all day.

clubber
    Free Member

Gnarpooning it down a roosty run with some serious stoke on is pointless unless your stem angle is perfect. Brakes can be fine tuned later. Get the stem right.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That may well be the case, clubber, but when you’re roosting the brown pow, braw, you need the brake angles just right, or else you risk losing all of your stoke.

clubber
    Free Member

Stoke flows from stem to brakes. Brakes are like negative energy, man. Stem must be perfect before brakes.

tsk. amateurs.

scaredypants

basics, clubber, BASICS:
    How can you set a stem angle or anything else until your sled’s buttery squish and sag have been dialled for the conditions ? I mean, all the stem angle in the world won’t save you if your sus isn’t riding high in its travel without spiking or losing low-speed damping

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Who said anything about actually using your brakes?

Good Lord, no! Brake angle is vital to ensure you can get your pro elbows out ready for some serious filming. That way, when you drop your edit, you’ll get more props. Dood.

clubber
    Free Member

A-MA-TURS

Stem angle is all that matters.

steve_b77
    Free Member

74.375 deg, lets he bike hang right

skeetsgb
    Free Member

isnt the black trail .25 slacker than the red though, you may have take a few tools with you so you can swap over at different stages. being that tad slacker on the black when you hit the red could, and i use that term loosely, could be bad for your health.

😉

clubber
    Free Member

skeetsgb – sorted

crazy-legs

The force is indeed strong rad to the power of sick with that stem.

ORSUM.

greeble
    Free Member

Thanks for the gnarinfo to really make the most of my day. Ive decided to take all possible angleset cups with me. Just spoken with the workshop at bikepark wales and they are willing to let me ‘pitstop’. Each run I’ll be changing the headangle. This will all me to find optimum stoke rad factor.
    I’ll be compling an XML spreadsheet noting my findings.
    Just discovered offset shock bushes… :mrgreen:
    I hope this will be a benchmark that will really make the trails come alive

LoCo
    Free Member

We’re only 10 mins down the road and have a big box full of head angles, I’ll give you a bulk discount on multiples of 5

zippykona

But what colour should you wear?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Welsh Stoking

clubber
    Free Member

Purple. Always.

Mintyjim

“sled’s buttery squish”

and

“Gnarpooning it down a roosty run with some serious stoke on”

I salute you both.

Northwind

crazy-legs – Member

The force is indeed strong rad to the power of sick with that stem.

Nah, you need a remote dropper stem.

IdleJon

LoCo – Member

We’re only 10 mins down the road and have a big box full of head angles, I’ll give you a bulk discount on multiples of 5

Posted 28 minutes ago # Report-Post

zippykona – Member

But what colour should you wear?

What colour head angle? I’d understood every word up until then!

LoCo
    Free Member

Magnolia, works with everything

ianv
    Free Member

Just book a guide for the day: BPW guides

All these difficult questions will be answered and there is no risk of getting lost.

Northwind

LoCo – Member

Are they kashima head angles or just the standard ones? I hear the kashima makes the angles buttery smooth.

LoCo
    Free Member

Are they kashima head angles or just the standard ones? I hear the kashima makes the angles buttery smooth.

Can colour them in with a marker if you like…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My head angles are murdered out.

sparkingchains
    Free Member

I think you’ll need another whole bike specifically for Bike Park Wales, the riding there is so incredibly different to anywhere else on the planet, having a head angle that is out by 1 degree is just unthinkable.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘What headangle for Bikepark Wales?’ is closed to new replies.