Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)
  • What have you bought following recommendations on here?
  • sirromj

Gaggia Classic
    Putoline + DFF
    Music
    Bike bits tools etc.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Probably lots of stuff, the only thing that sticks out for all the wrong reasons was a base layer top reviewed by Chipps.

It really was utter gash, the material, cut, construction, quality, performance and value were all total rubbish. Came with a nice sticker. Brand was amel, all style and zero substance. made me question magazine reviews if they could get it so completely wrong

kiwijohn

Yep, 2011 Skoda Octavia TSI 1.4 wagon.
    Still can’t believe that such a small engine can get along so adequately.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Brewery in a box (this started me down a road that ended up with an MSc in Brewing!)
    Uuni pizza oven (having a pizza party this afternoon)

Tenda mesh network stuff
    Macbook Air
    No end of Alpkit camping stuff
    A Montane jacket

A Garmin Instinct Solar lol

There will be so many more – this place is really good for PSAs and product advice

bakey

So many!

Alpkit Filo
    Aeropress
    ACF50
    Bike components, frames etc etc

I’m sure many more; the reviews here beat anything.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

All in one computer
    Muc of dry shower thing.
    Decent set of lights.
    Bell helmet for my big bonce.
    Fork juice.
    Wake stem.
    Proper food instead of bike muck.

While I remember,anyone seen any WTB Speed V saddles for sale?Mines about had it.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Oh and eyedrops/vix inhaler for winter cycling purposes.

p7eaven
    Free Member

– Bonchkiller Saddle (Charge Spoon). Never again after how it beat me up.

– Genesis Longitude. Had already done my homework but overall positive threads here tipped me. No regrets.

– Brewdog Elvis Juice. Didn’t hit the spot though, and I’m a hoppy old git. Hazy Jane has since proven to be a favourite. So +1 Brewdog.

– Armwarmers. Never had heard of such a thing but proven ideal for me as I tend to run hot and like cycling in tees, but live in a land of winch and plummet so pulling up the armwarmers helps on long descents after sweaty uppers. Disclaimer: didn’t actually buy any actual armwarmers as such. Mrs P instead cut the feet off some of her old thigh-length pull-up socks. Perfect. Roll-up, roll-down. Have since bought more pull-up socks to make another pair 🙌🏼

-Endura Humvee shorts. Ace. Have stopped me scaring the wildlife in my 3/4 bib shorts. Still prefer bib-shorts. Decency is overrated.

EBC/TW Bents single-wheeled bike trailer. Quite possibly the best thing since everything ever*. The panniers now hate me. The bike now loves me. The world is oysterlike once more. *Currently honeymooning with it, so take with whatever amount of salt you’d deem necessary. It’s ace tho 🚴‍♂️ 🙂

uniqueusername

From the mag.
    Strawbs, wasn’t that impressed, won’t buy again. Guess that leaves more for you Amanda

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Sony earphones.

susepic

Bearingprotools bearing pullers and pushers
    Petzl headtorch
    Tempted by some Blundstone boots

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Worx Hydroshot
    Galibier winter gloves
    Bliss knee pads in the freewheel sale
    Decathlon MTB trousers

jonnyrobertson

Some of those Regatta soft shell trousers in the black Friday sale. Quite chuffed with them but yet to use in anger.

A Cannondale Trigger 3 (remember the thread?) when they were being knocked out for silly money at Paul’s. A purchase I kinda regret. Not been ridden properly since kids (been round Cannock twice maybe?) and only really goes to Sherrwood Pines with a Shotgun seat permanently mounted and sometimes tows a trailer. It’s more all the non standard parts that’s the issue there though, silly Dyad pull shock, 1.5 steerer, 27.5 wheels etc.

40mpg

A pack of frozen sausages and a hammer.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

An air cooler.

hb70

Anker Soundcore 2- genuinely fabulous PSA at £50
    Garmin Fenix 2nd Hand for £80. Again, totally solid bit of kit.

skellnonch
    Free Member

Aldi egg boiler

Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)

The topic ‘What have you bought following recommendations on here?’ is closed to new replies.