• This topic has 76 replies, 65 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by taffy.
Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • What have you been "told off for" lately?
  • Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Not putting clothes away, I thought on the spare bed next to the wardrobe was sufficient. IT ISN’T!

dknwhy

Not my most recent but my favourite…

Last summer I got told off by the owner of a German campsite for riding in the children’s pedal tractor. He said if he saw me in it again, he’d lock it away.

ourmaninthenorth

Last night for her being hungry.

Later today for a project I’m running that’s going to cost the business £££.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chrisa87
    Free Member

Not putting clothes away, I thought on the spare bed next to the wardrobe was sufficient. IT ISN’T!

+1

grahamg
    Free Member

Eating too quickly, always eating too quickly.

hatter

Got elbowed into semi-consciousness the other night only to be angrily accused of ‘Breath and moving’, apparently I was keeping her awake.

In my sleep addled state my reply was along the lines of “I’ll work on stopping the breathing then the moving should take care of itself”

This is according to her as I don’t remember any of it, she was fuming when I actually woke up in the morning.

nedrapier

Using the paper cups from the coffee machine area for the water machine. The plastic ones next to the water are for the water.

But I don’t like them. They don’t fit as much in, they’re bendy and flimsy and get all wet with condensation. So I’m still using the paper ones. Just not when she’s around.

ourmaninthenorth

Bollocking postponed until next week.

Trouble is, the audience is even more senior. And there are several of them.

Candodavid
    Free Member

I get told off most mornings for farting while I’m asleep and chuckling to myself, I don’t know whether she’s telling the truth or not, so then I start laughing again at being told off

Leku
    Free Member

I pick up my new cranks tomorrow.

I may be back..

Northwind

Covering the driveway in a really rather attractive combination of coolant and engine oil. Everyone’s a critic.

taffy
    Free Member

I think the catch all of “failing to read minds” covers a multitude of heinous unforgivable sins.

bullheart
    Free Member

I got told off by my 2 1/2 year old daughter for not sitting down on the toilet to wee. She then told me my ‘front bottom’ was wrong, and didn’t look like Mummy’s.

I’m fixing the toilet door this weekend.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

not watering plants which didn’t need watering

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Been told off for

Putting dirty clothes in the washing machine – apparently it makes the washing machine dirty!! (It was a normal load not dirty biking kit)

Putting dirty pots in the clean dishwasher

Opening kitchen cupboard doors whilst unloading clean dishes from dishwasher.

Cleaning the car when allegedly I’d agreed to reupholster it!!

BigDummy
    Free Member

I got told to get down off the furniture yesterday. Slightly startled by that…

andyfla
    Free Member

Got told off for having an affair with another women ……. in MrsFla’s dream !

She hit me as I woke up and was in a grump all day – apparently i didn’t take it seriously enough

MrsToast
    Free Member

I once woke up slightly disgruntled because I dreamt that Mr Toast had left me for a women with a ginger perm and a Specialized Hardrock. He assured me that he’d never leave me for a woman with a worse bike (or a ginger), and all was well.

I get told off for not cleaning the seals and spraying my forks and shock(on my bike, not cutlery). Also for never answering my phone.

brakes
    Free Member

my 2 year old told me off for looking at him.
    then he said he didn’t like badgers.
    then he said there was a rabbit in the tree full of stones.
    then he handed me an invisible badger to eat.
    toddlers are very random.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I have just been told off for not buying bananas from the shop I have just been to for beer, well more for not taking my phone so she could tell me to get bananas. The offer of a pound so she could buy them as she drives past the shop right this second on her way to the running club resulted in another telling off.

PePPeR

I got told off for pointing out that for past year our boxes containing our product Urine Eliminator have been going out to our customers just saying Urine on the box!

I don’t really care but why does the messenger always have to get told off?

choppersquad
    Free Member

I just don’t understand women apparently.
    She’s right though…. I really don’t sometimes.

flicker
    Free Member

Mrs Toast – Member
    I once woke up slightly disgruntled because I dreamt that Mr Toast had left me for a women with a ginger perm and a Specialized Hardrock. He assured me that he’d never leave me for a woman with a worse bike (or a ginger), and all was well.

I get told off for not cleaning the seals and spraying my forks and shock(on my bike, not cutlery). Also for never answering my phone.

He totally had his fingers crossed, Alyson Hannigan on a steel framed catalogue special, I defy anyone to resist 😀

tomkerton
    Free Member

Chainsaw ing in flip flops. Mrs K rightly gave me a terrific and well deserved bollocking.

timbur
    Free Member

Got told off by a chap for starting work too early on a Saturday.
    It was 8.15am and I was taking a fence down. Apparently I didn’t have to make so much noise as his kid was still in bed.
    He informed me of this whilst standing 20ft away at volume. I’m not a small chap so maybe standing with a hammer in my hand smiling sweetly put him off standing any closer :O)
    I wasn’t sure what to say. My kids get up at 6am no matter what!
    I asked him what work he did so I could offer him so advice on how to do it more efficiently/quietly.
    He disappeared.

Duggan

For not insuring the road bike and thus having to keep it in the kitchen. I think she knows deep down that I haven’t bothered insuring it because I’d rather keep it in the kitchen.

Due to being understaffed and overworked, everyone at work, most of the time.

br
    Free Member

Apparently it’s not the done thing in the public sector to tell a colleague that they are out of their depth – even when you are trying to ‘unpick’ the mess they’re creating…

ads678

My 3 1/2 year old told me off for not buying milk from the shop, as she wanted a milkshake. This was straight after i’d walked in the door from work before even saying hello!

She soon shut up when she realised i’d bought cake!!

stevestunts
    Free Member

I was censured severely tonight for offering to go to the shop, purchase some ingredients, bring them home and then turn them into a meal for her to eat. I know, I know, I’m an arsehole.

yunki
    Free Member

I did one of those FB sttaus updates today that kinda went ‘today will be busy, I’m doing a ride and some work, yoga class, another ride, some more work then a meeting about blah blah blah..’

I was pretty proud of myself for the list of stuff I was planning to achieve as it’s pretty uncharacteristic but I got no end of shit for it 😕

aracer
    Free Member

Coward.

WillH

Our drive is long and steep. Riding home from work one (hot) day I got to the top, checked the post box, then took my helmet off and hung it on the bars so I could enjoy the breeze while coasting down the drive.

As I got to the bottom my two-year old was there, helping MrsH hang the washing out. He saw me on the bike without a helmet on and told me I was naughty and put me in a time-out! I had to sit at the edge of the lawn for 30 seconds, trying to keep a straight face while he berated me 😐

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohh I’ve another..
    MrsBouys mini rant last night..

Clearly I wasn’t listening, I don’t very often, she could tell… 😆

wrightyson
    Free Member

Riding briefly on the wrong side of the road last night. Hardly the end of the world but oncoming lady thought I’d scarred a small child’s face 🙄

bullheart
    Free Member

Our drive is long and steep. Riding home from work one (hot) day I got to the top, checked the post box, then took my helmet off and hung it on the bars so I could enjoy the breeze while coasting down the drive.

As I got to the bottom my two-year old was there, helping MrsH hang the washing out. He saw me on the bike without a helmet on and told me I was naughty and put me in a time-out! I had to sit at the edge of the lawn for 30 seconds, trying to keep a straight face while he berated me

Ace!!!!

gonzy
    Free Member

What’ve i been told off for recently? I’ve been married nearly 14 8 years; how long have you got?

+1

the most recent bollockings that i remember are for:
    – going to llandegla for a ride and coming back later than planned
    – allowing the pizza to overcook slightly while i changed gonzy2’s nappy (the nappy didnt even need changing) while she fed gonzy3
    – wanting to stop at the garage to fill up and check the tyre pressures on the way to birmingham
    – going out into the garden last night to bring the washing in

taffy
    Free Member

Ahh the old imagined or dremt infidelity

i did get told off in February for having a friends fiancee “flirt outrageously wiht me” I now know in future that at childrens birthday parties i should not act like a huge child hitting people with balloons then being pile driven by saidf children on the bouncy castle is such a flagrent act of flirting (i will instead sit there liek some of the proper miserable grown ups and just play with my mobile phone instead)

gonzy – Member

– going out into the garden last night to bring the washing in

You’r such a bad boy!

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘What have you been "told off for" lately?’ is closed to new replies.