• This topic has 76 replies, 65 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by taffy.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • What have you been "told off for" lately?
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Since I have nothing to contribute to the “manly” thread..but in the same vein

I was told off, quite politely, by a woman on the train today for having my headphones too loud.

Thing is I’ve just done a test with people at work and they couldn’t hear a thing…

Stoner
    Free Member

*tss tss tss tss tss tss tss tss*

what music were you listening to? Most annoying thing on the planet is being forced to listen to tss tss tss tss tss tss tss tss from someone else’s phones.

You’re dead to me now.

geoffj

leaky earphones always sound like Phil Collins *fact*

DezB
    Free Member

I quite like it, try to work out what people are listening to. 🙂

Last time I remember being told off was by the boss, for leaving a picture of a bike displayed on my screen. Stupid cow.

binners

I just can’t seem to grow out of it 😳

Jamie
    Free Member

leaky earphones always sound like Phil Collins *fact*

I think this thread is approaching its genesis.

Stoner
    Free Member

sussudio think wants to listen to your tinny noises?

D0NK

Swearing at 2 drivers who pulled out on me on sunday. 1st a lady who said the bloke behind me had flashed her out so she was in the right. 2nd a meathead who just wanted a fight (he did a u-turn and went about a mile out of his way to offer me one)

Can’t comment on yours but people with noisy headphones on the train annoy me.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

But they weren’t ear buds they are proper headphones (coz I is down wit ya yoot, innit) and I got them cause they don’t leak.

I is innocent, Guv!

HughStew

Told off by wife for eating a whole bar of fruit and nut (over the course of 3 days) and not giving her any. She was at work the first 2 attacks at the bar, and the last 4 squares of the bar were my breakfast at 4:30 am.
    I bought 5 new bars and hid them about the place for her to discover. It was hot this weekend so cue new telling off for covering various household items with gooey, melty chocolate.

MoreCashThanDash

Got told off by MrsMc for wanting to change my road bike.

Just after she told me off for not having decided what I wanted for my birthday present back in April. If I had a different bike I know what it I would need for my present…..

brooess
    Free Member

I rarely get told off, cos I’m very well-behaved. The only time I do get told off is when I’m cycling down the road in primary position. Usually by someone angry, fat and ignorant 😀

dazh

Told off by Mrs Daz this morning for swearing in front of the kids when I realised I had a puncture on my commuter bike just as I was about to leave. Then told off again for swearing some more when I couldn’t get the tyre off with a single tyre lever, followed by another scolding for swearing when I couldn’t find another tyre lever. Not a good morning 👿

nemesis
    Free Member

Told off by Mrs Nem for suggestion that my sis to get a particular Lego for my son’s birthday despite us having already bought it for his birthday a couple of months back and I’d forgotten… 😳

rocketman
    Free Member

Tend not to be told off by anyone. They might mutter something under their breath but not to my face.

Last time was probably in primary school 🙂

nbt

Last thing I got told off for was racing down a bridleway to Edensorm hitting a bump, getting BoomGnarly air and landing perfectly in the puddle splashing mud all over poor Solarpowered. Ooops.

Binners, that reminds me of this…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I rarely get told off. SWMBO just does the silent brooding thing.

Whist we’re ranting about car drivers, does anyone else ever get the temptation when cut up/pulled out on to just not brake and brace for the impact?

MoreCashThanDash

Tinas – depends which bike I’m on and whether I want to replace.

emsz
    Free Member

Oh god where do I start?

Tea towels are not for blowing your nose ( who knew)
    My floor is not an extra storage space for clothes and plates
    Crystal castles is not relaxing music
    20 mins is apparently too long in the shower
    Trying to work out the tab for jigsaw falling into place while for football is on is not allowed

jekkyl

I made a mess in the kitchen after she had spent over an hour cleaning it apparently. This was said to me just as we were finishing a roast dinner I’d made with all the trimmings. That’d be the reason for the mess then. She wasn’t pleased with my reply ‘well you didn’t do a very good job, look at all these dirty pots’ there’s gratitude lol.

DezB
    Free Member

does anyone else ever get the temptation when cut up/pulled out on to just not brake and brace for the impact?

Only if I have a video camera running 🙂

garage-dweller

Very little lately other than the road bike tune up, new front wheel and 2 new tyres from the lbs last month.

I must be slipping!

antigee

on sunday the other team manager insisted that she must get me a fluro’ bib to wear if I hadn’t got one so I could take our team list to the ref’s room

– I had mine in my pocket actually so nah nah nah to her
    (U12 soccer)

brooess
    Free Member

does anyone else ever get the temptation when cut up/pulled out on to just not brake and brace for the impact?

No. I’d be a broken mess by now if I did!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve just booked a bloody expensive holiday in the Doli’s for us two, nice relaxed drive over with a stay in swanky hotel in Eperney (Champers region) then meander over the Alps into Garda and onto Como, swanky hotel stay for 8 nights, return for a double stay over in the Vosages region before Eurostar back..

MrsBouy moaned at me cos’ shes got nothing to wear..

Bloody Wiminz. 🙄

Rscott
    Free Member

Im 26 ad got told of by my mum for getting drunk at my sisters wedding reception, the fact that she was being sick apparantly doesn’t make things better.

loddrik
    Free Member

Stopping on zigzags…

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Ioddrik – you are a “Fool” 😆

senorj

Not putting my shoes away in the correct(obsessive compulsive)fashion. 🙄

Stoner
    Free Member

Not putting my shoes away

garotting offence in my household. OCD? Moi?

theotherjonv

What’ve i been told off for recently? I’ve been married nearly 14 years; how long have you got?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Hmm…

The dining room table is not an appropriate place to store the frame I’m rebuilding.

Hanging bits of bike from coathangers whilst the paint dries is also not good, especially when the pointy bits are at eye level.

My brewing kit should not leak on the kitchen floor.

It is not appropriate to blame someone else when I lose something I’ve misplaced in my shed.

Flaperon

I was told off for not having three points of contact when walking down a flight of steel steps. I didn’t improve the situation by proceeding to hop the rest of the way with my hands above my head to annoy the rule-Nazi further.

DezB
    Free Member

^^ nice mental image 🙂

My son told me off for farting on the sofa.
    Me: “You can’t hear it, you’ve got headphones on!”
    Him: “I can feel it vibrate the sofa!”

Alex

It’s not really telling off, it’s that look that says ‘I’m not angry, I’m just disappointed’ when the postman staggers under the weight of ‘the shiny’. The kids tell me off for being childish which is a bit of a mind bender, people at work occasionally tell me off because the excuse ‘I’m a northerner, this is how we speak’ isn’t mitigation for a lack of empathy and my dog tells me off every hour between 3pm and 6pm that it’s WAY past time for his dinner.

I’m at an age now where I just nod and smile 😉

HindlePie
    Free Member

Bollocked for not bleeding Mrs Pie’s Reverb after shortening the hose. 😀 Well mine didn’t need it. Yet.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Most recently swapping 2 of the keys around on somebody’s computer at work. It turned out that one of them was a key she used for her password so ended up locked out of her computer for a while after too many incorrect attempts 😆

Dirt from my bike on the hall floor 🙄

And riding on a footpath :mrgreen:

After reading about it so many times on here over the years I actually remembered to use the “I know silly isn’t it” line! And this is how I felt whilst delivering it 😆

franksinatra

I got a proper telling off last night for farting in bed.

It was a spectacular, gag inducing, rumbling room clearer. I was very proud of it so well worth the telling off.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Being an arse.

MrOvershoot

😆 That picture gets me every time, mainly as it looks just like my sisters youngest boy when he was little.

Anyway I got called (well shouted from the open window of a passing car) a F*c*ing W*n*er yesterday, I was doing 30 in a 30 zone that is well known for spot speed checks. Bloke was probably doing easily 50 into a blind corner!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘What have you been "told off for" lately?’ is closed to new replies.