What has most improved your bike performance this year?

Home Forum Bike Forum What has most improved your bike performance this year?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)
  • What has most improved your bike performance this year?
  • instant hit

for me it is having a had a vo2max test done so able to train in correct heart rate zones.
    Also had advice from a strength and conditioning coach which has solved my back problems and improved my gluteal strength/power.
    And yours….

Marmoset

A cheap Β£10 HRM from Aldi. In my other sports I’ve always subconciously warmed up, but on my bikes I’ve generally gotten on and gone for it – the HRM has told me a few things I didn’t know about myself and possibly improved my endurance in just a few weeks of using it.

bigbob38

Cider πŸ˜†

Premier Icon crispo
    Subscriber

Just generally getting out on the bike as much as possible. Also if im riding anything tricky and I dont make it up/or down in one I go back and ride it again to try and nail it!

TandemJeremy

Doing a lot of miles and spending a day at glentress just practising correct weight distribution for cornering

could do with another day to get it totally automatic but its made a huge difference

chvck
    Premier Icon Bregante
    Subscriber

not breaking any bones……. but there are still a few weeks left of 2010 to change that πŸ˜•

SpokesCycles

Chasing my mate Huw down massive Scottish mountains.

Retrodirect

Playing bike-polo (brake control, hard cornering) and all the playing on bikes between games. (can now ride backwards and manual on my mtb)

instant hit

I used to subscribe to the Eddie Mercx technique to get better “ride your bike” but with more time constraints this year have found by improving cardiovascular system and strengthening cycling muscles improvements can still be made.

Premier Icon D0NK
    Subscriber

Nowt, been on an even keel this year, too many bouts of minor illness/niggles have screwed up my riding – mileage is way down on last year.

Actually that uplift day at Ae may have spruced up my technique a little but not much.

Rorschach

Trying harder.

don simon

Finding what I think was the last trigger (milk) for my asthma leaving me in a position to breathe normally again.

thomthumb

FRONT PAGE

given me the basic skills to ride anything. πŸ™‚

shortly followed by a trip to the alps to test those skills.

messiah

Nicolai Helius AM

Riding more challenging trails this summer has definitely helped.

Premier Icon smokey_jo
    Subscriber

giving up the tabs πŸ™‚

PJM1974

Getting a frame that fits me properly…

My original Rock Springs is a medium and I’m 5′ 11″ and knocked my knees on the stem far too often. I couldn’t bear to part with it though as it’s a fantastic fun bike so I did the only honorable thing I could… I gave it to Mrs PJM1974 who is 5′ 8″ and it fits her like a glove.

That went some way to assuaging my guilt over buying a size large Wolf Ridge.

yunki

giving up smoking.. chasing down the radical awesome downhilling youfs that I sometimes ride with.. discovering new trails..

I just have to give up smoking again now..

Premier Icon Rusty Mac
    Subscriber

Lesson with the dirtschool guys at glentress, I can now manual and have the confidence to hit bigger obstacles than i ever thought i would.

KINGTUT

Swimming.

Premier Icon Coyote
    Subscriber

Single speeding

meesterbond

thomthumb – Member
    http://www.ukbikeskills.co.uk/

given me the basic skills to ride anything.

+1… sorted out a load of basic errors I’d been making for years.

taxi25

Loosing a stone in weight.

ooOOoo

10 speeds instead of 9; losing 10g off my inner tubes; removing one headset spacer for a slammed front end; reducing my q factor by 3mm

It’s been a hell of a year

Premier Icon richmtb
    Subscriber

Saint Brakes: knowing I can scrub speed quickly, easily and while maintaining control has made a massive difference to my technical riding.

Being generally fitter through commuting has helped with everything else

trickydisco

I’ve ridden a LOT more this year than i ever have. Rode wales coast to coast and also rode london to Barcelona in August. Completed the kielder 100 (in 11.30hrs) which I was pleased about (wasn’t sure if i could do it)

Also cut down my 10m TT time from 29.07 last year to 26:10 this year.

Can now pump the trail, bit of jumping and drops thanks to jedi πŸ™‚

Premier Icon keyses2
    Subscriber

http://www.ukbikeskills.co.uk
    Huge improvement in my riding in less than 12 months ! πŸ˜€

jedi

Thank you guys for your props! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

dans160

Course with Jedi, Brian Lopes’ book, riding more, spending a fortune on my bike. Maybe not the last one.

Tom83

Single speeding

This. Running 34:17 and I’m now clearing all the climbs i used to do in 1st gear (1×9). Improved my commute to work too, now faster with only 1 gear despite spinning out on the flats/descents.

Surf-Mat

A big bright front light.

alpin

going out riding as much as i can and pacticing… lots. much like each year.

the year before that it was picking up my Alpine frame and ragging it till bits broke before replacing them with tougher bits.

Premier Icon wonny j
    Subscriber

Winter road rides to build endurance helped mtb summer racing a lot.

Premier Icon Pawsy_Bear
    Subscriber

dropping from 82kg to 73kg

stevede

2 days doing the flow course with Ed Oxley of great rock up in Lee and Cragg quarries has improved my riding much more than my new coil shock, fox 36’s, tyres etc but i bought the rest anyway lol!

Coleman

The real danger of being well and truly trounced by my son at cross racing. Desperate times have resulted in me spending much dosh lightening my bike whilst secretly making his heavier.
    Sadly, I think it will all end in tears (mine).

Premier Icon chickenman
    Subscriber

Getting my ankle fused; so now I go riding st weekends instead of climbing! Legs much fitter now so actually ride uphill in the middle ring instead of resorting to the granny.
    Downside is I’m more scared of rock gardens than I used to be !

juan

Genuine ROFL at ooOOoo

Maxis HR super tacky 2.35 πŸ˜€

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘What has most improved your bike performance this year?’ is closed to new replies.