• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by adsh.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What has happened to me??
  • ferrals
    Free Member

I have switched to skimmed milk, cut out crisps and chocolate bars, reduced cake intake, reduced beer consumption on calorie grounds, asses how many grams of protein I ‘m eating within an hour of a work out, Get straight on the turbo trainer after work to the extent my wife says she barely sees me, last night I couldn’t sleep due to the post excersize burn in my legs…..

And for what? A chance to be mid-field at best in a regional series sports cat.

I think I need my head looking at 😆

Anyone else with similar delusions?

ndthornton
    Free Member

I think I need my head looking at

I cant disagree with your assessment

nedrapier
    LoCo
    Free Member

It’ll pass 😉

Currently have given up booze and cut out pizza etc have said I’m doing a couple of 12 hour solos so anything to make them hurt less/ not come last would be good. 😯

devash
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jYcW1nEsGk[/video]

LoCo
    Free Member

😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

personally id cut out the turbo trainer as well.

willard

Does it make you happy? If so, do it.

Personally, I’m happy to do pretty much all of wht you say apart from the turbo and I don’t even race. I just like not eating rubbish. At some point, I’ll de-hibernate the bikes and see how effective losing 10kg has been in making me a better rider.

bikebouy
    Free Member

You’ll soon pack all that bloody nonsense in once you drop into the race and end up 5 from the back, on the first corner. You’ll then spend the rest of the race in mental torture, gasping for air, burning lungs and numb feet… Then have a mechanical and get scored DNF.

Hope that pragmatic realism helps focus your “regime”

😆

xyeti
    Free Member

Nope not me, I don’t suffer from similar dillusions and I don’t need my head looking at.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

@ferrals – you could look at the wider picture…improving your diet (cutting out processed foods etc) is way better for your overall health and well-being…so even if your biking is not as good at you’d like it to be, the added health benefits are surely worth it..

ferrals
    Free Member

@bikebuoy – you’ve obviously seen me race 😆

Edenvalleyboy, definately agree re. Processed foods.

Started thread a bit tongue in cheek, I’m happy doing it and got a bit of an ‘obsessive personality’ so things like training get addictive, just find it amusing that I put all this effort in for no ‘real’ reason. @nedrapier, book looks good!

crispycross
    Free Member

What’s a ‘real’ reason? Isn’t it enough to feel yourself becoming fitter and stronger? To revel in what your body can do because you’ve trained it? That’s good enough for me.

Kryton57

Started thread a bit tongue in cheek, I’m happy doing it and got a bit of an ‘obsessive personality’ so things like training get addictive, just find it amusing that I put all this effort in for no ‘real’ reason.

I have a personality just like yours, and started racing in 2014 at 42yo. In the first year I was as Bikebouy described, kind of thing “whats the point”, a

My obsessiveness wouldn’t let me stop the training, rather helped me learn more about racing & myself to suit. Last years I was top 10 in a local series, top 1/3rd in a regional series, 3rd place Vets pairs at TorQ in YS, and my current training indication is that I’ll peak about 10% fitter & stronger this March, than I did last March – plus I carry the experience with me.

Yes I’ve still done badly in some races, but I’m a full time worker with 2 kids, there’s bound to be peaks and troughs, and some luck thrown in.

Thats the racing bit. But on the lifestyle bit I agree with everyone, there’s nothing wrong with just being fit & healthy.

philjunior
    Free Member

I keep deluding myself that I’ll do some actual training one day.

As it is, just do bits of racing. I did manage to get a great workout last wednesday night though, and it was great fun. Except for the lack of sleep due to buzzing til 1am.

I could eat a lot better, but to be honest if I had a structured training program and got decent sleep it’d make far more difference (though most of my racing is on the track, so weight not as important as it might be)

bikebouy
    Free Member

I wrote that as a sarcastic joke… 😆 anyone who knows me on here will understand.

We’re all in training for something, me? Well the years Hack is that 200k off road Gravel Reviver thingy and I’m already blowing out of my arse doing intervals (but I do them a lot over winter)

Crack on I say, do your best. You’ll feel better for it, mentally and physically, just add some fun to the regime too..

And, obvs, let us know how you get on.

adsh
    Free Member

I’m a bit less scientific – 1 bagel for breakfast per 50 early morning TSS points.

I’ve always needed something outside work and family to keep me going – XC training keeps me sane.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What has happened to me??’ is closed to new replies.