Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What hardtail for someone who really likes their Soul, but……
  • honourablegeorge

….would like a 15-20mm longer TT? Don’t want anything significantly heavier or less springy.

Slackline is (as far as I can work out from their unclear geometry info) pretty much the same length. Anything else? Custom probably not an option due to cost.

wwaswas

Larger framed Soul?

honourablegeorge

Already on a large.

The Prince Albert classic looks bang on – all gone, of course. Gah.

st66

Sanderson Life/Breath

winch
    Free Member

Solaris, obviously 🙂

davewalsh
    Free Member

30-40mm wider bars will achieve the same feel and extra breathing room as 15-20mm in the top tube for a lot less expense! will also make the bike feel more stable and quicken the steering. Win-Win 🙂

baldman
    Free Member

Unless running wide bars already I’d recommend trying davewalsh’s suggestion – I had the same issue with my Hustler, it felt a bit short in top tube, already had 90mm stem and reverb meant no layback option on seatpost. Swapped from 685mm bars to 750mm and it solved the problem.

cookeaa

30-40mm wider bars will achieve the same feel and extra breathing room as 15-20mm in the top tube for a lot less expense! will also make the bike feel more stable and quicken the steering. Win-Win

And/or 5-10mm longer stem?

Sometimes it is worth tweaking the controls to keep an otherwise bob on bike IMO…

mrmoofo

For exactly that reason, I have a Solaris, bought 2nd had from here
    The build up will start today – but most of the stuff I will use is still attached to my Soul in Germany!!
    Obviously not the wheel or forks !!
    The Soul was just too small – not sure why Si doesn’t do XL

honourablegeorge

That might be it, y’know – I have narrower (Haven) bars on the Soul than other bikes (Havoc). Maybe go that route.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What hardtail for someone who really likes their Soul, but……’ is closed to new replies.