Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What happens when your flight is cancelled?
  • zippykona

Flying Gatwick to Newquay tomorrow night after work.

Due to the wind today’s flights are cancelled and tomorrow morning isn’t looking too good either.

Do the people delayed today get dibs on tomorrow’s flights? Will we be bumped to Sunday morning?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There is a while thing about being cancelled at the airport or before. Basically contact the airline, one side gets you on the next flight and the other gets you a refund

torsoinalake
    Free Member
    poly
    Free Member

They won’t bump people who are booked on the next flight off.  You’ll get offered any empty seats.  Many airlines will overbook that flight and offer volunteers from that flight the chance to give up their seat.  They usually book on other airlines, or to other “nearby” airports instead and provide bus/taxi. (Eg If you were going to Edinburgh them might send you to Glasgow and provide road transport).  I guess there aren’t many Gatwick to Newquay flights – so if you are on a fixed timescale I’d get a train/car.  Beware if you don’t take the outbound flight many airlines automatically cancel the return leg.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Gatwick to Newquay !?

Walk, drive, cycle ?

wallop

I remember when they towed in another terminal at Newquay, back in the early 90s.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Train?

mikertroid
    Free Member

If the delay/cancellation is due to weather then EU261 won’t apply.

zippykona

We should be ok tomorrow night I was just wondering if everyone gets bumped.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What happens when your flight is cancelled?’ is closed to new replies.