• This topic has 19 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by timc.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What happened to the Hope Vision R8?
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

It still hasn’t materialised. What went wrong?

ratherbeintobago

I wondered about that too; some places selling on Google search (apparently) but pulled from the Hope website.

Andy

(Waiting for an R4 I’ve ordered at the LBS)

spuddle
    Free Member

I emailed them a few months ago, and they said something like “they couldnt get the parts for the lights in time” in time for what i dont know!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

That’s what they said when it was first announced (I had one on order). They then said an August launch.

Oh well, I’ll be looking at a troutie at sometime in the future then

trout
    Free Member

I dont know what they were thinking when the updated the range

look at the similarities of the vision 2 to the Smudge luminator and glow worm , the vision 2 with a couple of xmls is a great little unit

I think they maybe over complicated the R8 and the march of the chinese cheapies has taken its toll and probably hit them quite hard.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

I just bought one of the new r4 packages.. hope i don’t live to regret that.

trout
    Free Member

Dirk you wont they are a nice little package and can be tweaked for a bit more if needed in the future

enfht
    Free Member

Maybe reliability was still too bad to gloss over with their legendary customer service. 😀

RustyMac

I would think it would be a lot as trout suggests, cheaper/brighter competition and the fact with modern LED’s is there such a demand for 8 of them in a light if the right 4 can produce daylight levels of light?

Maybe hope have realise that it is not just about the number of lumens but the use ability of them and due to a combination of all these factors have decided to change tac and move development of their lights in another direction?

daveevans42

I Have an R4 & think it’s crap compared to the vision 4, the vision 4 had spread & range, the R4 only has spread, & as for the 65% more light, only the above knows where it is!!

enfht
    Free Member

My Vision 4 is now seriously trailing behind my new Luminator! 8)

Given the ridiculous difference in price I think this is why the R8 went the way of the dodo.

trout
    Free Member

You need to do this to your Vision 4

Vision 4 monstered

juan
    Free Member

Is there really a point to that chris? 1000 real lms is probably more than enought to night ride.

creamegg
    Free Member

Hope said they won’t be making this light anymore. They said something about couldn’t get the parts they wanted

trout
    Free Member

juan No point at all but we don’t all drive 2 cv cars which ar adequate modes of transport
    who needs 200 horsepower .

It’s a nice light to ride by on low. But makes me smile when I hit max now and again . 😆
    And It means I can annoy my mates from farther back

Luminous
    Free Member

Slightly suprized at the comments about the R4s. For those considering a small, versatile light for the bars or the helmet, perhaps they might look at a 401.

Trout.
    Is that link supposed to lead to the conversion you did ?.
    I wouldn’t mind seeing that again. Even though you know I don’t get involved with the conversion side of things.
    🙂

trout
    Free Member

Cheers James Dont know what went wrong with that link
    Ipaditis I guess

stevied
    Free Member

It’s back, according to Hope’s Facebook page….

timc
    Free Member

Yer they have just tweeted about it also, looks good!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What happened to the Hope Vision R8?’ is closed to new replies.