Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What happened to the flat-bottomed Five Tens (Contact, VXI)?
  • Superficial
    Free Member

So I’ve got some Five Ten freerider VXIs which have reached the end of their useful life.

They’ve got a smooth section over the pedal to allow micro-adjustment of foot position. I liked this since the standard blobby sole on most Five Tens fix your foot in a way I find irritating. I know most people aren’t bothered but it annoys me. There are several new Five Ten models, but seemingly none have the smooth sole. Have they stopped doing this?

Should I look elsewhere?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I had those, sole didn’t last, I think they stopped doing that style for that reason.

I have impact vxi that have been great, they don’t seem to do them any more, sadly.

lewzz10
    Free Member

The sole lasted 5 minutes before falling off, and walking uphill was lethal. Great otherwise.

Superficial
    Free Member

Hmmm, never had a problem with the sole on mine – in fact it’s worn very well. A few pin holes evident but they’re 4+ years old now. They’ve just become irretrievably stinky in the recent wet weather…

Guess I’m gonna have to get used to the blobby soles then.

lewzz10
    Free Member

Maybe they fiddled with the rubber a bit, I got mine in 2015 and the soles wore through completely in a few months before falling off.

captainclunkz
    Free Member

Thinking they got rid of them. I used to have a pair but found them to be too lethal with the steep muddy terrain I like riding

chakaping
    Free Member

I got some in 2015, the soles wore very quickly and separated from the upper a bit too.

Never actually wore them that much but dunno where they are, should dig them out in case we get any more dry weather.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What happened to the flat-bottomed Five Tens (Contact, VXI)?’ is closed to new replies.