Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What happened to Maxxpro 60a?
  • dirtydog
    Free Member

Ordered an Ardent Exo Maxxpro 60a 2.25 last week, it turned up yesterday and the packaging states it’s a fast rolling hard wearing 70a, not what I wanted/ordered.

Looking around the internet I cant find any reference to 60A Maxxpro, apart from the place they where I bought them (bike24), question is, have Maxxis done away with 60a Maxxpro compound, anyone know anything about this?

Bike discount list them as Maxxpro 70a.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Pretty sure the Minion I bought last month was 60a.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Could it be old stock?

Interestingly none of the 8 variations of Ardent on Next Day Tyres are even available in 70a apart from the 70/62a dual compound which makes me think they’ve updated the compounds.

I’ve Emailed Bike24 so will have to wait and see what they say.

Edit Just downloaded the Maxxis 2013/2014 catalogue and can find no mention of a 70a Ardent.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

I have one on the back of my bike.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

if they sent you a 70a in 60a packaging, could you tell……?

Northwind

70a more likely to be an OEM spec I’d have thought?

dirtydog
    Free Member

I can’t tell from feel what it is, and there’s no indication on the tyre, so yes, there’s always the possibility that its a 60a in 70a packaging, definitely ordered a Maxxpro 60a, double checked.

I was going to order from Nextdaytyres but decided to save a tenner instead, sometimes you can’t just win.

rickon
    Free Member
    dirtydog
    Free Member

Not in 26″ though, I did check CRC before I ordered, ironically it was because of google that I ordered from bike24 as they where the cheapest.

alpineharry
    Free Member

on one have one on their website

dirtydog
    Free Member

Got to the bottom of this, the tyre is in fact a 60a, the information on the packaging which states it’ a 70a is incorrect, Googling the product number TB72560000 shows it is actually a 60a Maxxpro after all.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Phew, that’s a relief

dirtydog
    Free Member

Phew, that’s a relief

You’ll all be able to sleep easy tonight. 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.maxxis.com/catalog/tire-294-121-ardent
    The ardent comes in 60TPI mostly

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What happened to Maxxpro 60a?’ is closed to new replies.