Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • What happened at 27?
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

27 tomorrow.

Life slows down right… Or will it continue at this pace like a roadrunner of doom?

*meepmeep*

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Wait till you get to 35, When I was in my mid 30’s I couldn’t remember how old I was & I’ve spoken to a few people who were in the same situation. Weird. I knew I was like 35 ish but not sure whether I was 34,35 or 36!

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

A dangerous age – a lot of people in rock who went prematurely died at 27. Hendrix, Joplin etc.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I’m not joining that club though.

Alphabet

Wait until you’re in your 40s like me. I know I’m more than 40 and less than 50 but that’s about it.

teethgrinder

As long as you don’t act your age you’ll be fine.

I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. And I’m 37 11/12th.

firestarter
    Free Member

Im 40 on monday. I said to the Mrs felt like id done nowt with myself. She pointed out 10 years in the army and 12 in the fire service were to be considered something. Then with a cross face added as was meeting her and having kids lol

munkyboy
    Free Member

27! Lucky, 27 to 35 is the best age to be. I wish I had appreciated it at the time. At least hangovers and injuries only last a short time..

Frankenstein
    Free Member

18 till I die.

Keep yourself mental and physically fit and happy!

Yes I wish I was 17 again and it has flown past!

37 and dreading 40 if only for sporting age.

portlyone

27 to 35 is the best age to be

This is when 20 years of sports started to take its toll!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Smashed all that drink and drugs bananas already, helps if you start at 14.

That aside the one specific thing I’ve noticed is that I am now wholly intolerable of the common senseless.

As versus having none a decade ago.

mogrim

Turning 40 is worse. I was fine the day before and the day after, but the day itself? Bah.

Alphabet – Member
    Wait until you’re in your 40s like me. I know I’m more than 40 and less than 50 but that’s about it.

I think I’m 42. Although it might be 43.

bigblackshed

Orange Crush – Member
    A dangerous age – a lot of people in rock who went prematurely died at 27. Hendrix, Joplin

Jim Morrison, Brian Jones, Curt Cobain.

It’s not looking good………

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Well if I die from a speedball at breakfast I’ll blame it on that lavender fronted card from my mum.

gordimhor

Nothing but babies the bloody lot of you:-) Am 52 and in the words of the Beautiful South “don’t know what Iam doing here , I’ll carry on regardless”

footflaps

I bought my first house at 27 and then took up DIY as a lifetime hobby…..

midlifecrashes

See when I saw the thread title it didn’t occur to me 27 might be an age. In 364 days I’ll be 50. 27 seems a long time ago, but at the same time only yesterday. When I was 27 I ditched an engineering career and jumped into IT and training, and I bought my first mountain bike too. I’m looking to jump into another new career soon now after years of being a full time dad and then property developer. Slow down when something slows you down, and watch out for the ruts, you don’t want to get stuck in them.

Spud

27!!! Seems like yesterday, I’m 40 in 7 weeks and I wonder where time goes. Had a pants year so far so it can only get better.

dannyh
    Free Member

Thirty six here and still don’t feel like a grown up!

Hangovers are worse than when I was 18, injuries and muscle fatigue last longer, but otherwise not too much difference physically.

I still find farting funny.

earl_brutus

27 was wild crazy and lacking in direction, still discovering myself and what the world was all about. Now I’m pushing 40 I’ve still the same zest for life but with much more confidence direction and financial stability!

novaswift
    Free Member

48 today and still feel young although the hangovers are hellish and any injuries take forever to heal

bencooper
    Free Member

Nothing much happens at 27, but half a year later your life really comes alive.

philjunior
    Free Member

I thought it was just me with the age thing! When anyone asks I have to calculate it, assuming I can remember what year it is.

If anything more active now than I was at 27, but a lot of that activity is to do with raising a child!

flip
    Free Member

Nothing much happens at 27, but half a year later your life really comes alive.

Genius.

jag61

yep the last 27 yrs have flown by, i would have been your age now when you were born! 😯 I hope the next 27 slow down a bit, but some good deals with SAGA

chewkw
    Free Member

Stay healthy. 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

27? I didn’t even notice it. Mind you, I didn;t notice any of my significant birthdays. I suspect my wife is planning a 50th birthday for me in a few years. I’ll hate it. I’d rather just go to work then come home and have a few beers for my 50th.

busydog
    Free Member

Bunch of youngsters on this thread.
    I am 71, been riding MTB for 24 years, still riding 3 days a week and running (not quite as fast)—-so turning 27 or 40 or 50 now seems quite nice—all things considered! 😆

stewartc
    Free Member

Hit my 27th while living in New York, I envy you, 25 to 35 are golden years.
    One suggestion, if you not living too healthy a lifestyle now I suggest you start soon, the body can only handle so much abuse before it starts fighting back.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Orange Crush – Member
    A dangerous age – a lot of people in rock who went prematurely died at 27. Hendrix, Joplin

Jim Morrison, Brian Jones, Curt Cobain.

It’s not looking good………

Does anyone know how old Justin Bieber is?

globalti
    Free Member

Yep…. I’m 58 and looking forward to retiring and going back to climbing, as well as doing lots more ski touring and cycling.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

55 and retired being older I’ve learnt to place enjoyment and happiness over achievement

njee20
    Free Member

I just had to ask ms njee20 if we’re 27 or 28.

breadcrumb

I’m 34, although sometimes I genuinely think I’m still 32. Don’t act either though.

Drac

You’re worried about being 27? Seriously?

Life only slows down if you let it. I’m also puzzled how people can’t remember how old they are, in fact other than through injury or illness there’s no one I’ve ever met at work who didn’t know their age. So I’m passing that off as bullshit.

boxelder

27.5 is the pits – you’ll have lost the zip and pop of 18 months ago and won’t yet have developed the awesome speed, stamina and control you will gain at 29. Stuff to wear will be hard to find in the right size too, and will be expensive.

njee20
    Free Member

So I’m passing that off as bullshit.

Oh no, that’s terrible, I’m truly gutted 🙄 . We’re not talking a full on ‘ZOMG how old am I?! 12, or 46?’, more a ‘we’re 27 aren’t we, or 28?’.

Point is that it’s a number innit, and you’re hardly old!

Drac

Yet Grannies in there 90s can tell me without hesitation.

You’re right though with number bit and him not being old.

pete68
    Free Member

Lol at boxelder. Very good.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

What happened at 27?

Two things happened to me at 27: I got married and I started going grey.

Can’t imagine the two were connected at all.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘What happened at 27?’ is closed to new replies.