Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • What Hand Held Potato Peeler should I buy ?
  • konajim
    Free Member

Hello I think my Wife ahs deliberatly dumped my potato peeler in the bin with the peelings .
    I always nag her as she annoyingly insists on using a knife to do the job and a giant baked size potato looks like a little pickled onion by the time she has finished.
    The cost of wasted potatoes is worring me.
    My little Black number is no more but when i looked online there is a mass of tattie peelers out there all shapes and sizes and before i spend about 3 days tring to find the cheapest and best I know some spud Basher here will have the answer.
    jim

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Erm…K:Archer power hose and just blast the skin off. 🙂

colournoise

Don’t peel at all, just wash and cut out any nasty bits. Even for mash the skin adds taste & texture and leaving it on keeps most of the good nutritious stuff in the spud instead of in the bin.

slainte 😀 rob

jools182
    Free Member

One of these German jobbies

Think you can get them on eBay

konajim
    Free Member

is the power hose cheaper than the Potato Peeler ?

Wife wont eat the skins …

Gad ..looks like I could shave with that .
    jim

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

a giant baked size potato looks like a little pickled onion by the time she has finished.

😆

I’m not sure if this thread is for real or not, but I will try to be nice and helpful anyway.

Tefal one from Robert Dyas; nice comfy rubberised handle.

konajim
    Free Member

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RETRO-COLOUR-POTATO-VEGETABLE-PEELER-/120731691350?pt=UK_Kitchen_Accessories&var=&hash=item61cbed7fcb

Have decided on this …problem now is what colour has anyone used this before Is 1.35 postage too much ?
    Mind you if the wife would use this it would pay for its self in a matter of days .

Bez

Oxo. This style of peeler is much better IME if you prefer not to take half the flesh off with the skin. Also much more comfortable and quicker to use.

konajim
    Free Member

Yes it is for real …but bloody hell 4.99 postage
    jim

konajim
    Free Member

mmmm Bez seen this one and am not sure as its new fangled to me ..
    im used to my 10 year old plastic handled normal one ….might have to give this one a go
    jim

grantway
    Free Member

Do you need an App For That !!!

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Use similar design to that oxo, got no complaints.

infidel
    Free Member

Oh
    Dear
    Me.

What potato peeler – REALLY?!! What tyre I can understand, this is a bike (and social crisis) forum after all, but really. I opened the thread as I was sure it’d be a joke. I still hope it is, if so congratulations! If not goto singlecookworld.com whatever the equivalent is and just don’t ask them what tyre you need for Afan.

Rant ends.

Dobbo

Do it with style.

infidel
    Free Member

PS we have an OXO chez chateau infidel and it’s rather good.

Bez

seen this one and am not sure as its new fangled to me .. im used to my 10 year old plastic handled normal one ….might have to give this one a go

You’ll never go back to a knife-style one.

konajim
    Free Member

Bliddy Hell …Sorry Just says chat forum ?..And Cyclist use culinery goods and you will get more answers to your questions here than on any other forum .
    Its a little light hearted chat before bedtime but i will buy a tattie peeler on the advice i get tonight .

ps
    what peeler do you use ?
    jim

Esme
    Free Member

+1 for OXO

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Does that come with a separate pump to pressurise the mains supply?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Awesome, 19 replies on a cycling forum about f**king spud peelers (20 including mine)
    Magic, absolutely magic.

konajim
    Free Member

he he he he h hee hee…..Yes Wednesday is a boring night …
    oxo her i come ….
    will maybe update later when i recieve it…. a review section .

jim

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

BBC headlines tomorrow morning “STW website sinks to new low, moderators in a quandary over spud peeler that looks like a rabbit” 🙂

Esme
    Free Member

It’s very good for carrots as well . . .

konajim
    Free Member

You mean its a carrot peeler as well ..Yes im going to enjoy using this little fellow ….This has made my night .
    Jim

brakes
    Free Member

I hate peeling potatoes more than anything, using one of these peelers makes it very quick and easy to do
    you should be able to pick one up for a fiver and it’s worth the money – mine is years old and is still going strong

GlitterGary
    Free Member

What potato peeler? Why, an One One Inbred, of course.

Cougar

The phrase you’re looking to google is “Lancashire Peeler”.

HTH.

creamegg
    Free Member

why waste time peeling potatoes? no need weather u do mash, boiled, wedges, chips. better on and less faffing

motivforz
    Free Member

Apparently there are some in IKEA for a couple of quid, and they are super sharp and only take a thin slice. Buy a few next time you’re in and treat them like razor blades, disposable after a while.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

You can peel parsnips too with a potatoe peeler can’t you ?

Hairychested
    Free Member
    Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Potatoes?! ………………… Have you not heard of the iDave?? Or are you just poor??
    😉

BB

SaxonRider

I’m sorry, but when it comes to potato peelers, it simply has to be the Willy Waller 2000.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGH0MP3m0cA[/video]

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Awesome, 19 replies on a cycling forum about f**king spud peelers (20 including mine)
    Magic, absolutely magic.

Agreed – and still they keep coming.

FWIW, I use a black one. It peels. I know no more of it’s technical specifications nor its origins.

stumpy01

My other half prefers the ergonomic-ness of a Good Grips ‘normal’ style potato peeler i.e. like a knife but with a peeler bit on the end.

I on the other hand prefer the style of potato peeler that Bez posted above (y-shaped). Mine isn’t quite as fancy as that one, though.

These things matter.

Moses

My 25+ year old Prestige Lancashire peeler is still doing well. I’ve had to re-bind the string handle a couple of times after it rotted away.
    It’s not great for carrots, though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Oxo one here too, easier on the wrist and causes less bloodshed.

piha
    Free Member

turtleheading
    Free Member

This is amazing!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘What Hand Held Potato Peeler should I buy ?’ is closed to new replies.