Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What green options for extending my driveway?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

As above, the parking around me has changed for the worse & I need more off street parking, so rather than just paving over the front lawn, what options do I have without it costing me more?

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers.

bassspine
    Free Member

grass protection mesh.

You're spoilt for choice – We used some, but I'm blowed if I can remember which brand it was…. it disappears after a few weeks but the grass survives.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Stick the car on up on a mini north shore.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

You can get those plastic crate type things – grass grows through them. It gives you a surface that rain can penetrate through so less run off. Not sure where you get em from, but they are common enough so it may be something any builders merchant can get for you.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Swap the current motor for a 4X4 and don't worry about getting bogged down on the front lawn. 😕

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Get rid of one of the cars?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions so far, especially Tj's, that was most helpful (& predictable).
    The grass one is a goody, but I thought you were supposed to dig down, put in loads of hardcore first, then put in the mesh & backfill it & finally seed it, that may not be the cheapest option?

Cheers.

Si
    Free Member

Could roll clean aggregate 50-70mm into the grass. How we manage some of our car parks. Will look intrusive for a while but as grass grows through get a good surface thats well matted together and greens up well.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Any thoughts on this?

Also, at present my grassed area is about 3" above the driveway & held back by a concrete pavement edging about 2" thick, do you think if i removed it the ground would eventually meet the drive, or is this a recipe for disaster?

Thanks.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Happy to be of help 2unfit 🙂

skidartist
    Free Member

Keep in mind too that only need to have anything solid where the wheels will actually go. So even if you used concrete you don't need very much of it and you can have living breathing stuff in between.

lowey

Grasscrete. All you will ever need should you go down that road.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What green options for extending my driveway?’ is closed to new replies.