Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What grade of aluminium are Commencal bikes?
  • sherry
    Free Member

As above, says nec ultra tubing series on the frame but no grade for the meta 6?

spyke85
    Free Member

Grade Heavy

ashfanman
    Free Member

Grade Heavy and cracky

FTFY. 😉

b1galus
    Free Member

can’t say for certain but i think it is 6063 if you cut a bit off and send it to me i’ll test it

sherry
    Free Member

2010 frame has been spot on for me. Not heard of any 2010 ones breaking the way the earlier ones did. Anyway, what grade anyone?

sherry
    Free Member

b1galus, thanks but I Will pass I think! Lol

iain1775
    Free Member

Mines 3.5 & 6 titanium grade

ashfanman
    Free Member

if you cut a bit off and send it to me i’ll test it

b1galus, thanks but I Will pass I think! Lol

Just wait until a bit falls off then.

toys19
    Free Member

b1galus what kit do have for testing? Always looking for good labs.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Cheese

sherry
    Free Member

Do any of the people who are writing silly remarks ever owned a commencal or you just writing what you’v read online or had a mate of a mates one fail. What are your rides? I’v seen plenty of frames fail from various manufacturers including Giant, Orange, Santa cruz, Cube etc over the years. Are they all made from cheese?

R.lepecha

Do any of the people who are writing silly remarks ever owned a commencal or you just writing what you’v read online or had a mate of a mates one fail. What are your rides? I’v seen plenty of frames fail from various manufacturers including Giant, Orange, Santa cruz, Cube etc over the years. Are they all made from cheese?

No, some are made from crackers.

lipseal
    Free Member

50% cheese.

vinylrichie
    Free Member

Too right. 09 Meta was 50% Gorgonzola, 50% Provolone.

eshershore
    Free Member

commencal were 6XXX series, according to a contact I have who works in Taiwan in the bike factories where these frames were made

7XXX alloys are more expensive to purchase and harder to work, and Commencal did not want to go that route as the frames end up costing more

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What grade of aluminium are Commencal bikes?’ is closed to new replies.