Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What GPS tracking / beacon type app.
  • shredder
    Free Member

Recommendations for a GPS tracker / beacon type app on Android.

Thanks

wwaswas

Strava?

scotroutes

Google Location Services.  It’s built in, you just need to switch it on and decide who you want to share with.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andybrad

strava,

the missus has caught me at the pub 3 times now while on club rides so it seems to be working

CraigW
    Free Member

Glympse is free, works OK.

dovebiker

GPS / mobile phone or Satellite tracker?

GPS/ phones only of any use if you can get a signal so depends on where you’re going.

Rustychain
    Free Member

Real-Time GPS tracker 2 on android.

Sometimes my dinner is on the table when I get back from a ride.*

*ok, it happened once

peekay

You can do this on WhatsApp now.

Just open a message with somebody or the group that you want to share your location with, and tap”share location”. You can select for how long a period you want to share your location.

Obviously this relies on your phone having a data connection.

To me it seems the most simple and widely available solution without needing special apps, logins or subscriptions.

fooman

<span style=”font-size: 12.8px;”>+1 for Real-Time GPS tracker 2, it’s free and emails out a web tracking link so recipient(s) don’t need to have any particular software installed or mess with logins into services.</span>

teamslug
    Free Member

Road ID is good. You can set ride time etc and if you dont move for 5 mins while riding ( you can alter this i think) it sends a text to your loved ones saying that you are laying in ditch bleeding profusely 😊 or that you are in pub and forgot to turn it off, see above.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What GPS tracking / beacon type app.’ is closed to new replies.