Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • What good cheap restraunts in Manchester?
  • soma_rich
    Free Member

Got a few nights in the center of the city(Portland St). Where is good to get something to eat in the evenings?

binners

We went to Grinch before a gig last night. Not been in there for ages. It was excellent!!

Grinch

Croma is cheap and very good if you fancy a pizza

Or jump on the bus to Rusholme. There’s one every 10 seconds.

Obvious Edit: Not brought a bike with you?

soma_rich
    Free Member

I’m on the train and have a shed load of kit, so cant really. I did look of ways, but its not easy.

Thanks for the suggestions will look for Grinch 🙂

portlyone

Portland Street? Red Chilli is great.

jekkyl

McDonalds, Nando’s, burger king, pizza hut etc.
    plenty of pubs that do food of course. Slug n lettuce & weatherspoons always have mains for a fiver etc.

binners

Try the Marble Arch on Rochdale Road too. Lovely old boozer, a fine selection of ales, and good food

nbt

Grinch and Croma are the same people, I think. Sam’s chophouse does nice food.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member
    hora
    Free Member

I’ve been here countless times. I couldn’t recommend it enough. High quality- masses of choice. Fantastic desserts. Blows apart the image of ‘buffet’s.

Topps

acidchunks

Almost Famous http://almostfamousburgers.com/index.htm

Office Burger https://twitter.com/OfficeBurger

*possibly not cheap, sorry.

jools182
    Free Member

that almost famous website makes me cringe

binners

YOU WONT HAVE ROCKED A BURGER LIKE IT

That’s the place where people queue to get in, isn’t it? Incomprehensible!

r3guy
    Free Member

http://www.dimitris.co.uk/

great atmosphere, good food, often live misic

binners

Dear God! That website really has been designed by Nathan Barley….

Grog gambling, meat pushing, juice ramming, GHETTO BLLASTING, bacon ****ing, food ninjjjjaaasss.

Trashbat says “Nice and gently, easy as you park the Bentley!” Bring it down. Trashbat is two people leaping from the twin towers and ****ing on the way down!

🙄

Junkyard
    Free Member

that webiste is tragic

hora
    Free Member

Trashbat? Coked up vapid Grads name brainstormin session?

Duggan

No idea what you mean by ‘cheap’ but I always hear good things about Bem Brasil:

http://www.manchesterrestaurants.com/southamerican/paubrasil.htm

rhbrhb
    Free Member

Cheap you say?

Hunters in the Northern Quarter, looks a bit rum but does ace 3 curry & rice for less than fiver, Aladdin on the other corner is same deal, looks even ropier but is fine. If you head up Rusholme hit Falafel for the Falafel Meal, add a Spinach & Cheese Fatayer – you’re still talking about 7quid total and you’re stuffed, save spare Fatayer for breakfast.

Bit pricier and further out, Corrianders in Withington or Chorlton – curry so good they were asked to go cook for the MP’s at Westminster, or Frankies fish bar on Burton Rd, just amazing fish n chips.

If you like Noodles, Tam Po-po in Albert Sq is deicious, as is Umami (this or similar name) near the Aquatics centre. My spelling may be off for both of these.

Still not made it to the Chop house mentioned above, but hear good things about it.

Duggan

Junkyard

that webiste is tragic

My girlfriends mate went there last weekend and queued for two hours to get in. Once they werethere they still had to wait ages to be seated with no discernible organisation or process to seat people in order. Then, they were seated on a table with another couple.

She said the burgers were ‘amazing’- now, I don’t doubt they were but there’s surely a limit to how good a burger can be, and no burger is 2-hours queuing good.

I’d have to think twice about a two hour queue to see the Rolling Stones play in my local boozer.

Harry_the_Spider

Is the Armenian place still open on the corner of Albert Square?

Jezkidd
    Free Member

If I’m looking for cheap eats I like bakedu (sp) the korean place in the northern quarter just up from the station or dough, if you fancy a pizza

justatheory
    Free Member

Is the Armenian place still open on the corner of Albert Square?

Yes, that place has been there forever. Nice food and reasonable.

That Northern Quarter burger place is everything that winds me up about the Northern Quarter.

uwe-r
    Free Member

This n that in the northern quarter.

binners

Any of the little cafes in the northern quarter are top notch. Hunters is my personal favourite as they do the best chicken tikka kebabs On the planet. But This and That or Yadgar are good!

justatheory
    Free Member

I thought this place was really crap. Cheap though.

Hunters chicken kebabs are good but they can’t comp Saajan’s in Rusholme.

+1 for This n that. My old man used to take me there as a kid.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Tried Red chili last night, wasnt that impressed. Grinch tonight though was great naked lady paintings on the wall is always a win!

tommytowtruck

The Cedar Tree in the northern quarter for lebanese meat sweats on the cheap! Looks grubby from the outside but top food.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

I spend a fair bit of time in Manchester and I’m usually on my own, if anyone’s in the same position and wants to get a beer give me a yell

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘What good cheap restraunts in Manchester?’ is closed to new replies.