Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What good Cheap DH Tyres?
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

I want to do a lot of DH over the summer with a trip to Antur Stiniog in October so am looking for some bigger stickier tyres.

I reckon I can fit some 2.5″ in my frame and forks without any issue, Enduro Evo and Lyrik.

What is recommended?

peterfile
    Free Member

Highroller ST are great for DH stuff me, as are Minions.

Running Rubber Queens at the moment, the 2.4’s are HUGE, but not overly impressed so far (admittedly, i’ve gone for the cheaper, non black chilli version)

Also, big, dual ply, sticky tyres don’t tend to be cheap!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

For UK I don’t bother with anything over 2.35 HR. Done

scruff
    Free Member

Maxxis Dual plys are on sale at CRC.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

2.5 Supertacky High roller or minion DHF, so good compared to average trail tyres it’s almost cheating!

honourablegeorge

I got a Wicked Will off On One for the rear of mine, for about £14

Pairs up well with a Muddy Mary up front

mikewsmith
    Free Member

2.5 DP 60a Minion, does 90% of conditions well and will last. If your not racing then ST is overkill and a waste of money.

scruff
    Free Member

Supertacky Minion F on the front, Maxxpro HR on the back. Good for Alps and Welshire.

Crag
    Free Member

You can’t go wrong with either the High Roller or the Minions.
    Personally, I ride Minion DHF UST’s front and rear, front super tacky, rear 60a. They’re as good a tyre as I’m likely to need.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Minion dhf is all you need for the front…

I_Ache
    Free Member

I was looking at the minion duo in dual ply and 42a but I don’t really want to spend £70 on a pair of bike tyres.

toys19
    Free Member

I used geax datura wets in the deep sand and loam of Pila the other week, they were awesome..

chakaping
    Free Member

I could sort you out with a set of new/nearly new 2-ply HRs for way less than £70. Email in profile if interested.

carlphillips
    Free Member

@^^^^ but have you seen the size of the tyres in 2.5!!!!

the 2.35 comes up bigger than my minion 2.5’s

I_Ache
    Free Member

Will they fit in my frame and forks if they are that big?

Northwind

carlphillips – Member

the 2.35 comes up bigger than my minion 2.5’s

Minion 2.5s are way undersized! Schwalbes aren’t that big, Maxxis just own a rubber ruler and no sense of honesty.

mikey74
    Free Member

I love my Specialized Clutch SX: They have proved to be really tough and because they are “1.5 ply”, they are around 300g lighter than your equivalent dual-ply Minion.

I bought mine SH off Ebay, but I don’t think they are that pricey new.

If you do find some new ones cheap, let me know will you? I need some new ones :mrgreen:

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What good Cheap DH Tyres?’ is closed to new replies.