Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • what gloves with nuckle protection?
  • VanHalen

i`m constantly smacking my little finger and ring nuckles off of saplings.

I know padding isnt cool but hitting trees hurts and whilst i know a bit of padding wont prevent mashed knuckles hopefully it will deflect some of the impact.

Whilst i could cut my bars i only run 685`s as it is. i could ride slower but where is the fun in that?

so what gloves does the hive mind recommend for deflecting trees?

cheers,

mark

TandemJeremy
    Free Member
    jam-bo

POC index flow
    Dakine defender

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scruff
    Free Member

I’ve had 661 and Fox somethings and Spesh Fortresses. Dont seem as available as a few years ago.

alfabus
    Free Member

Knuckle

partyboy
    Free Member

Sorry to hijack, but can someone recommend some nee pads also?

al2000

Fox Unabomber gloves, although they’ve now replaced the carbon knuckles with something else.

Dunno what the nature of this something else is though.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have some rather tasty Dainese A-class gloves that are enduro-tastic and also some 661 Cedric Gracia gloves with carbon knuckles.

Knee pads: Fox Launch Pro.

passtherizla
    Free Member

661 D3O gloves are nice but expensive.

knee pads I’d go 661 kyle straits cos they’re cheap or POC if I had the money, and their gloves are nice too very little bash protection though.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=33581

scruff
    Free Member

Al, moulded plastic, its the future etc.

woody74

POC – expensive but bloody comfortable.

partyboy
    Free Member

knee pads I’d go 661 kyle straits cos they’re cheap or POC if I had the money, and their gloves are nice too very little bash protection though.

Knee pads: Fox Launch Pro.

Whoosh!

tangent
    Free Member

if you choose the POC ones…buy em tight, as the leather streaches a fair bit (they also colour your hand when used in wet conditions!)

doof_doof
    Free Member

Fox Unabombers suck big time, fell apart within a few rides.

VanHalen

think those konas are the ones i had years ago. might see if i can find a set in my size.

dont want a full robocop glove just something to take the edge off hte hits.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Unabomber the most expensive and worst gloves I’ve ever owned. Odd choice of materials, the velcro eats the back lycra, both gloves failing at seams after a week of riding. If I’d kept the receipt I would have sent them back. Fox kit has got worse with time, each pair I’ve bought has lasted less time than the one it replaced. Won’t buy again and if I hadn’t got them half price I would be Really annoyed…
    Edit; for knee pads check out threads on Gform, sounds like a D3O material but cheaper than 661 or POC.

Kahurangi

Gloves? The Giro Remedy have a bit of knuckle protection and I find them very comfy.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘what gloves with nuckle protection?’ is closed to new replies.