Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • What gift will make you grumpy this Christmas…
  • mrhoppy

[video]http://youtu.be/dIpi0kle1g0[/video]

Cocaine

AlexSimon

Some random tat with a picture of a bike stuck on it.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Anything that isn’t real ale or similar edible/drinkable.

I like consumables as presents, I can guarantee it will get used and enjoyed.

However, stuff, I just buy myself stuff when I need it. I don’t need cheap crap bought out of obligation. One of my personal highlights some years ago was a miniature battery powered air hockey game. What the actual f were they thinking? I was thirty years old for gods sake. It didn’t even work properly. Bits of the earth died for that shite.

fasthaggis

^^Spam.

If anyone sends me any more tins of Spam I will fritter their soul.

hooli

A sweater, I always get a bloody sweater…

…It was a screamer I asked for 😉

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

On the upside, my grandchildren usually give me something personal, like a photo calendar or something and this makes me really happy.

That looks like a fantastic idea! but where on earth would you get something so beautiful, unique and special?

MrSmith
    Free Member

anything novelty, mugs, silly little games made of wood or bent wire, books about urban myth jokes or 3 miniatures of horrible booze with a crappy little shot glass. basically anything piled up at the end of supermarket isles at christmas for those the without imagination.

it’s not the lack of though that gets my goat it’s the waste, i cant stand the fact that this crap is destined for landfill.

zippykona

Any gift that is a “couple” gift ,which in effect is really just a gift for Mrs Zip with my name added to the label.
    My hatred of the theatre is only equalled by Mrs zip’s love of it.
    We get theatre vouchers.

beej

Photo calendars. Hate them, pure evil, and I despise the people that peddle these pieces of tat.

matt_outandabout

Holy spam thread resurrection!

mogrim

As it’s been resurrected I want to hear more about WillH’s Ewok village.

scotroutes

Yak – Member

Here we go – found one of things that appear every year:

At least they put your name on it.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Might be an old thread but this made me laugh as I can totally relate

a pair of mahoosive quilted gloves from sports direct that they thought “would be good for when I’m cycling”.

fasthaggis

Thanks Johndoh ,I have been looking for an outlet to use for all my Callander photos.
    I am going to call it The Calendar of all Callanders.

uggski

As it’s been resurrected I want to hear more about WillH’s Ewok village.

Did it ever get built

johndoh
    Free Member

Thanks Johndoh ,I have been looking for an outlet to use for all my Callander photos.
    I am going to call it The Calendar of all Callanders.

There surely must be a market for a colander calendar.

Just checked and it’s bin done!

chip
    Free Member

Gift sets of highly perfumed shower gel/shampoo/deodorant. I have a delicate complexion so these leave me raw and scaley.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Clothing, I always hate it, it’ll be some ‘Dad wear’ crap I won’t like and then take shit for not liking it / wearing it, even though it supposedly “looks nice”.

I’ve tried to explain to my wife, I would think of a gift of clothes in the same way you would me getting you a couple of tyres for your car – yeah you might need them, but you really have zero interest in them.

Worst gift ever though was a plastic ‘chrome’ revolving spice rack thing. It was huge in a kitchen that was already all too small, I do all the cooking, not because I enjoy it, but because no one else will – it was an ugly way to say “try harder” and it actually made me sad to look at it, within a few weeks the rack itself was gone because of it’s stupidly impractical size of it and the plastic ‘chrome’ jars themselves were pitting and cracking, binned the lot, not sure I used any of it.

Still, I’ve bought some really shit gifts for people before now.

mangoridebike

Ewok village thread, it’s pretty awesome

Ewok

newrobdob
    Free Member

Photo calendars. Hate them, pure evil, and I despise the people that peddle these pieces of tat.

I hate these too BUT last year I got an ace one. A friend of mine has a really battered Barbour jacket which really should be binned (I don’t think even Barbour themselves are prepared to fix it) and we all take the Mick out of him about it. Last year I got a flip desk calendar with a different picture of him wearing this coat in various countryside situations – I have it on my drawers in the bedroom and it makes me laugh every morning!!

Shower gel and spray sets – I LOVE THESE! I resent having to buy them when I’m shopping and so I love getting a stash of them at Christmas as they will last me most of the year and save a ton of cash.

How can anyone not like an envelope with cash in it? I’d rather have that then something I don’t like. The trick is to go out and buy something you really want with it, if it doesn’t pay for it alll then it’s like the person has given you a big discount on something you really want. Or if a few people give you cash you can get something really nice.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Anything – anything at all.
    Don’t want something bought for me because its xmas or any other celebratory date/occasion/marketing exercise bullshit.
    By all means make me something that has meaning because you want to at any point you feel like it but DO NOT do it on some specified date dictated by some twunt somewhere to make profit.

perchypanther
    Free Member

binners

I’ve got you next years ‘Hunks of Singletrack’ one too. Does this mean I have to send it back now? 😥

I love mine!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Are those Easter eggs?

molgrips
    Free Member

Binners.. you know you will have to do 11 more now…

EDIT and not all pictures of me.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Maybe we start an unwanted tat swapshop thread in January

dibs on the power kite

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘What gift will make you grumpy this Christmas…’ is closed to new replies.