• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by gogg.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What garmin mount for a 50mm stubby stem
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Any ideas? Would ideally want one on the stem itself I don’t want one of the bars or facing out ways in front of the stem, is there such a thing as one that replaced the top cap or is that not something that’s been invented yet?

Don’t think the supplied garmin mount will stay put as it’s not got enough grip / purchase on the stem the bands just seem like they are going to slide off the edge

peteimpreza

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sram-quickview-computer-mount/

Look at the second picture from the left.

legend
    Free Member
    dirtyrider
    Free Member

or the barfly 3.0, clamps the bars and sits reversed over the stem

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gallery/article/pro-bike-jared-graves-29er-xc-race-bike-39587/15/

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Thanks guys should have added bars are 35mm too 😆 those ones only fit 31.8

That racewaredirect one looks decent but how does it work as I have no spacers on top of the stem just a few underneath? Or am I being dumb and missing something?

cnud
    Free Member

You would have to remove one spacer underneath your stem so the race wear could be placed on top under the stem cap. K edge make a hinged version similar to the race wear one

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Cheers cnud so I was being dim! Right so just remove one lower put stem on and then put edge mount on!

That looks probably the best bet, I quite like those others but can’t see any 35mm anyways

cnud
    Free Member

I found that the reversed barfly ones fouled on the stem cap on my 50mm so the garmin was tilted. Couldn’t live with it.My racewear

roverpig

I’ve got the K-edge one, that looks similar to the raceware one. With a 50mm stem the garmin mount actually sits pretty much in the middle of the bars (i.e. it’s almost 50mm between the centres of the two rings). So, the computer will be in the middle, but almost as far forward as if you’d mounted it on the bars.

I’ve also got the SRAM one mounted backwards on another bike (with a 60mm stem) and that puts the mount almost on top of the stem cap, so a fair bit further back than the k-edge/raceware options.

EDIT: Actually, looking at cnud’s pictures I think the raceware is a tad shorter than the k-edge (due to the lack of a hinge, I guess

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I use garmin out front on Haven bars. It’s easier to read being a little farther out

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=garmin+out+front+mount

dirtyrider
    Free Member

doesnt fit 35mm bars

adevaynes
    Free Member

I use the standard mount placed on top of the top cap and stretch the o rings round the stem diagnally, bit tight getting them on but stay in place once done, got it working on a 35mm stem

collinstiffee
    Free Member

running a 45 mm stem and have the mount just at the front of the stem so its forward edge is about 4 mm from the face plate. looped one large band to a small one and connected to retainers on the diagonal to each other. no issues with slipping or coming off.

raceware
    Free Member

Although not on our website we do make a mount for garmins that replaces the top cap. Drop us an email which you can find on the RaceWare website and we will try and help you. We do also offer a range of mounts for 35mm bars.

gogg
    Free Member

I bought the K-Edge adjustable stem mount following a recent pimp my ride session.

It sits nicely over my Race Face Atlas 50mm Stem

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What garmin mount for a 50mm stubby stem’ is closed to new replies.