Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • what frames are there that are 135mm rear end with a 1.5 or 44mm steerer?
  • london_lad_liam
    Free Member

hey guys,

basically,long story i have spare set of forks left over that have a 1.5 steerer tried to sell them on ebay and in they end had a not payer.
    there a marzocchi 66 170mm eta (itlian made ones)so as they havnt sold ive now decided to keep them.
    i also have a set of dt swiss ex2350 wheels which are 135mm rear a 20mm front axle.
    so based on these two componenet i would like to build abike.
    with all the new 142mm rear axle sytems and tapered head tubes,theres not many frames left with: 135mm rear axle and 1.5 mm head tubes.

question which frames are there avliable that have both:135mm rear end and 1.5 steerer or 44mm?

worse case i think the dtswiss 2350 hubs are a dt 440 so id hope there is a 142 conversion for these,if that was the case id need a frame with 1.5/44mm headtube.

type of riding id be looking at is around the 160mm all mountain/alp type and not silly expensive,doubt i can offored new so just suggestions of what there is would be great.

liam

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Orange patriot 7+
    Cannondale Gemini
    Cannondale Prophet
    Morewood something or other

limkilde
    Free Member

Uppdds wrong post

batman11
    Free Member

Hard tails ragley are 44mm I’m on a bagger and like it a lot climbs well too.

IA

The el guapo I’m selling is a 1.5″ headtube one 😉

I_Ache
    Free Member

Cotic BFe? Forks are a bit heavy duty but it will work.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Nicolai Helius AM did come with a 1.5 headtube as standard and now has a 44/56 tube (which can take 1.5″ steerers). It also comes with either 12mm or 10mm by 135mm back end and is warrantied for 170mm forks.

Scapegoat

Mmmmbop

Mugboo

Mega

z1ppy

Mega has a Maxle @ the rear, so his wheel would need converting (if possible), also the c’dale Gemini come in std qr or DH version with 20mm axle

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I’m selling a Mongoose Khyber cheap (£200) that would be perfect for that setup… here’s Chris Akrigg putting one through its paces:

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/51486/

and a review:

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/mountain/product/review-mongoose-khyber-elite-08-30445

peterfastlane
    Free Member

Scott voltage fr

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

A few more have popped into my head

Santa Cruz Bullit from a few years ago
    Yeti ASX
    Transition Bottle Rocket

phutphutend

I’ve got a Prophet for sale if you’re interested?

rob2
    Free Member

My hemlock frame. Would include both 150mm and 120mm rockers. It’s a small (577 ett) 🙂

Northwind

Hemlock would do it, though it’s 10mm more fork than it’s designed/warrantied for.

tomhoward

Intense slopestyle mkI, plus has swappable dropouts so can do a 150mm rear end too…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘what frames are there that are 135mm rear end with a 1.5 or 44mm steerer?’ is closed to new replies.