Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • What frame would you chuck this lot on…..
  • hoochylala
    Free Member

Advice please! 🙂

So, what FS frame would you chuck this lot on?

150mm tapered RS Revs U-Turn
    Hope Pro 2 on Flows F+R wheels
    Formula Oro K24 brakes
    10spd SLX Groupset
    Easton Haven handlebars
    Syncros 50mm stem
    Charge Spoon saddle

Currently been looking at 2011 Orange 5 (mixed opinion – see current thread), 2011 Transition Covert (bit heavy?), Mythic Spitfire (read some issues with tollerances?) – tapered headtube/ 1.5 headtube limits choice somewhat

Bike to be used for all day rides in the Peak District and ideally I would like to demo a frame built up. All the kit was going on a mmmBop, but since trying a Zesty 514 have decided I would like a FS.

Looking at spending £1200 ish on frame + shock (rp23 pref)

Apologies as this seems to of been covered in various guises recently!

Cheers 🙂

isitaboutabicycle
    Free Member

Five! 🙂

sambob
    Free Member

Try a demo bike from 18 bikes in Hope, they’ve got santa cruz, cotic and nicolai fs bikes AFAIK

Mike
    Free Member

If you’re going new, then Trance X…simples 😉

Northwind

I’d see if Cy’s still got those ex-demo Hemlocks in, and if he does I’d take his hand off.

uplink
    Free Member

Maybe look at one of those cheap Titus’ from On-One?

http://on-one.co.uk/i/q/FRTITELGALURS

hoochylala
    Free Member

Cheers chaps will take a look at the above options – going to email 18 bikes and see what demos they can offer over and above what’s on thier “demo” list as they stock cotic and transition bikes

would like 140/150 rear travel, so the trance is out Im afraid 🙁

what’s anyone opinion on the Saracen aerial frame? Seen the ariel x at £999 – thought it got a good review in ST mag?

oscarlee
    Free Member

dont buy the titus , i want it

angryratio
    Free Member

Saw someone ragging the boobs off an aerial at gt the other week.. noone off here?

Looked really sorted.

edhornby

nukeproof mega? Not sure if the travel is right but the forks will do

james
    Free Member

“If you’re going new, then Trance X…simples”
    What? Did you miss this bit:
    “150mm tapered RS Revs U-Turn”

campfreddie
    Free Member

5-spot

anto164
    Free Member

“If you’re going new, then Trance X…simples”
    What? Did you miss this bit:
    “150mm tapered RS Revs U-Turn”

The new trance X has a tapered head tube.. I should know, there’s one sat downstairs..

porter_jamie

Butcher

juiced
    Free Member

heckler

Deveron53
    Free Member

+1 for the Nukeproof Mega

bol

Zesty? I think that is what I’d go for if I was building an FS.

kiwijohn

+1 for Butcher

hoochylala
    Free Member

Thanks for the other suggestions. I test rode a 5 today, and despite really wanting to like it, i didn’t 🙁 felt too heavy for me! I know, MTFU, but it just didnt put a smile on my face.

Bol – Zesty would be my first choice, but alas there is no frame only option 🙁

Nukeproof Mega looks good, but website says suited from 150-170mm front travel, but then specification states 160-180mm front travel :S can anyone clear this up?

I would be wanting to look at a 28lb build ideally, would the kit im proposing to whack on get me anoywhere near this with any of the frames mentioned above?

Bregante

Trek Remedy? Seen a few frames on here of late.

hoochylala
    Free Member

I demoed a Remedy at Glentress a couple of weeks ago and liked it – it was another option I thought about, but as I want to buy new, they dont do a frame only option 🙁

Northwind

Deveron53 – Member

+1 for the Nukeproof Mega

I’d recommend a 2013 model Orange Five, they’ll probably arrive on the same day 😉

18bikes

We’ve a couple of Ariel available to demo – one as standard with 140mm fork, or mine with 160 lyrik, that’d be a good one to try – happy for a demo on mine too.

We’re getting a Covert demo soon too….

hoochylala
    Free Member

18bikes, thank you for your kind offer. 🙂

I was going to email/ring the shop in the next few days! I would be very interested in a demo of the transition covert as that was on my original short list – any ideas of timescale of this?

Do you know how they would rid with a 150mm fork (I know they are designed around a 160mm)?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘What frame would you chuck this lot on…..’ is closed to new replies.