Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What forks for Blur LT1?
  • Neil-S
    Free Member

I am about to build a Santa Cruz Blur LT and am looking for advice on forks.

I’d prefer coil sprung, 20mm or 15mm axle and don’t want to spend megabucks.

I’ve been offered a new pair of RS Pike 351’s (Specialized OE fitment, no gate adjustment on the Motion Control) for £200 which is bargainous, but can’t shake the feeling that I might be better off with a pair of ‘proper’ Pikes or some VAN 32’s (either the RLC with 15mm axle, or R’s with retrofitted 15mm lowers).

What forks are the STW Blur riders using?

Cheers!

Neil.

bigsi
    Free Member

I am using a set of 08 Rev’s which is fine for general XC but would prefer a set of Pikes with a 20mm axle for that extra bit of stiffness and a bit of extra travel. Depends what you are using it for really 😕

Neil-S
    Free Member

A bit of everything bigsi, trail centres, technical natural stuff, day rides and so on.

I’m not so bothered about weight, would far rather have stiffness, controlled damping, plush action 🙂

bigsi
    Free Member

Well I’ve never ridden on a set of Pikes but I’ve never had any problems with the Revs and it sounds like you do the same sort of riding that i do. If your buying new forks then the Pikes are the coil and the Revs are the air 140mm travel RS’s IIRC so Pikes it is which if you get the maxle one will give you the stiffness as well.

I’m sure there are loads on peeps on here who will have used both and so can offer a better comparision between the 2 but I’m just saying that IMO the Rev’s are fine on a BLT.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Pace?

Neil-S
    Free Member

Hell No! I try and avoid anything with moving parts bearing the name Pace.

furry_marmot
    Free Member

55 RC3 – 140mm or 160mm (internal spacer). bit porky perhaps, but you said you wanted coil, stiff and plush – I don’t think anything else on the market will come close…

davedodd
    Free Member

Magura Menja 130 work fine on mine.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Sounds like those forks you have been offered are a good deal – even cheaper than Revs. Don’t understand what you mean about them not being “proper” Pikes? You don’t need the floodgate as all it does is set the blow off point to prevent damage if you hit a big bump with the forks locked out. (There will be a few people along in a minute to disagree, but they are wrong – RTFM)

I’m running 454 Air U-Turns on my BLT2 and love them

sq225917
    Free Member

Pace, fighters…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What forks for Blur LT1?’ is closed to new replies.