What forks for a SC Tallboy?

Home Forum Bike Forum What forks for a SC Tallboy?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What forks for a SC Tallboy?
  • dirtyrider

Got 140mm 34s on mine, rides great – tempted to try my 95-120 talas 32’s but love the bombproof feel of the front end at the moment

Only thing is that I’m 5’6″ on a medium so the front is quite high when out of the saddle climbing, I have a -6 degree stem

Susie

I’m currently using DT Swiss 100 single shot forks, but don’t rate them very much. The only forks that I’ve ever had that I loved were Pace RC40’s. There are a couple of forks on CRC at the moment on offer that I’ve been looking at – Fox Floats CTD-ADJ FIT 120mm and Rock Shox Revelation RCT3 dual air. The Rock shox are 140mm, but can be internally adjusted to 120mm and are £200 cheaper, even though the RRP is similar to the Fox.

I want to be able to just set them up and ride with minimal faff. Any recommendations? I don’t really want to spend much more than £500.

bol

I’d go for 120 SIDs of Rebas.

Frankers

I’ve not got a Tallboy but I put these Rockshox RCT3 forks on my Pyga Oneten29

HERE

They are internally adjustable between 140-130-120

Mine are set to 130mm but due to dual air (suck down a little) sit at 125mm

Bargain price and great fork

Premier Icon boxelder
    Subscriber

Rev R CT3 @ 120mm on mine and spot on. Having ridden fox ctd a few times, I prefer the RS Revs.

Susie

Thanks for the replies guys. They’re the ones I’ve been looking at Frankers, think I may go for them. I’m tempted by the Fox ones as never had Fox forks before, but don’t think I can justify the extra £225.

Frankers

They’re easy enough to pull apart to fit the spacer

I’ve been using Rockshox only for around 6years now and prefer them due to the lower cost and easier servicing

Performance wise I don’t think there’s much in it between them

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What forks for a SC Tallboy?’ is closed to new replies.