• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by kiksy.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What fork?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

So, having been messed around by Ubyk I’m forkless.

Id already sold my wheelset and gone boost so that dictates the fork options. Budget is around £380

Fork is for trail and peak riding and I’m a clumsy lump so 34mm stanchions at a minimum.

What would people go for out of these options? 150mm RS and 160mm Fox due to the axle to crown.

1 – New Rockshox Yari RC
    2 – SH Fox 34 Performance
    3 – SH Pike of I can find a boost
    4 – AN Other – something I’ve not thought of.

Anything else I should be considering?

ratherbeintobago

The X-fusion stuff was well thought of a couple of year back?

oldnpastit

X-Fusion McQueen, ideally with the roughcut damper.

I’ve got the 100mm hub width version with that damper (slant?), it’s really good.

Freeborn bikes had some pretty good prices on them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    teethgrinder

I managed to get a Yari RC from Merlin for £349, but they are sold out now. Impressed so far, but yet to give it a proper blast out to compare it to the Pike it’s replacing.

I will be getting the Hope Torque Cap adaptors, though. TC is a right pain in the arse

Alex

I have the x-fusion McQueen with the roughcut damper. It’s a fantastic fork for the money. Also have a 2016 Yari which is a bit stouter, a bit heavier and a bit less sophisticated on the damping side. It’s still a fantastic for tho for the £330 I bought it for!

If I was being again, I’d probably go for another x-fusion or a 2nd hand Pike.

Torque Caps are a PITA. Solution looking for a problem.

pickle
    Free Member

I’ve got the Yari RC on one of mine and i’ve been really impressed with it.

steel4real
    Free Member

? So why the questions about a 150mm Lyrik yesterday ?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I was very interested in a Lyrik but they’re just out of the price range.

steel4real
    Free Member

Get a Yari then – that’s exactly how it’s specced – budget version of the Lyrik. Same chassis etc. just cheaper damper and the Motion Control one it has isn’t exactly shabby.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yari do look good. I can get a Lyrik RC for around £450 with the extra money from my non boost wheels.

I’m still tempted by a Fox 34 Performance with the black stanchions and the Grip Fit damper. They can be had around £380 ish.

chestrockwell

Yari are very good forks but not the holy grail some would have you believe. They feel like a beefy version of the revelation, which of course they are. Pikes are better by some distance imo.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’m at the minute going for the Grip Fit 34’s or having my birthday present from the wife early and putting the money towards some Lyriks.

superstu
    Free Member

I’m interested in hearing more about the relaunched Revs to see if they’re worth looking at (also casually in the market for a fork but slightly shorter travel 130-140mm)

niksnr
    Free Member

Buy the Yari’s, good fork for the money. When you can afford it upgrade them with an Avalanche Cartridge.

andytheadequate
    Free Member

The Xfusion McQueen roughcut feel miles better than my Fox 34 Performance forks.

They’re also cheaper than the Fox forks, thinking of replacing the forks on my other bike with them too.

kiksy
    Free Member

I have XFusion Metrics , before had Pikes. Metrics better in every way except weight.

My friend has non Roughcut/HLR
    Xfusion Sweep and that is also really really good.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What fork?’ is closed to new replies.