Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 164 total)
  • What food product would you not buy based on "class?"
  • wallop

Essentially anything that is processed in anyway or has artificial cr*p in it I won’t touch. Oh and milk, probably the best thing to cut out of anyones diet.

+1 to all of that.

binners

As soon as I saw this:

I immediately imagined the meeting. “What can we do with all the tiniest, raggy little scraps of mechanically recovered ‘meat’ we’ve raped from the last of the carcass? The bits we sweep off the floor? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I know! I’ve got it……..

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

my girl friend cant drink milk, if she pisses me of i put it in her food.. 🙂

maccruiskeen

Its a bit sad isn’t it – all those hungry mouths to feed and we define ourselves by the foods we’ll refuse to eat, dreaming up new reasons to avoid different foods every week. Huzzah for us.

maccruiskeen

jumpupanddown – Member
    my girl friend cant drink milk, if she pisses me of i put it in her food..

I’m sure she’s lovely

TooTall
    Free Member

Greggs sausage rolls for the kids.

If you’ve forgotten the dummy how else can you keep them quiet? Proud and Geordie roots here!

I love the snobbery in this thread. Anyone denying themselves the pleasure of a Fray Bentos is just wrong in many ways.

wrecker
    Free Member

Its a bit sad isn’t it – all those hungry mouths to feed and we define ourselves by the foods we’ll refuse to eat, dreaming up new reasons to avoid different foods every week. Huzzah for us.

It’s a fair point, but I don’t think we should eat all of the unhealthy disgusting shit these companies make just because it’s there.

BigJohn

Mmmmm I do like a crispy fried Andouilette. They haven’t got any artificial crap in them. It’s all real. And pigs kidneys – to make the set.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Swan

binners

I haven’t had a Fray Bentos pie for years. Might have to indulge. How can ANY pie be bad? Does not compute, I’m afraid

Remember these:

😀

glenh
    Free Member

wtf is wrong with milk?!

*wipes away milk moustache*

Flaperon

Pot Noodle.

binners

Does the non-milk thing extend to cheese too? If it does, then I just can’t see how your life is worth living?

noteeth
    Free Member

Duchy Originals…

finbar
    Free Member

Oh and milk, probably the best thing to cut out of anyones diet.

Go on, lets have some evidence that isn’t from PETA or notmilk. You know, actual peer-reviewed stuff.

BigJohn

I’ve bee round the Goblin Pie factory. Simpsons in Manchester. Very disappointed to learn they’ve had to stop using real goblins due to some health & safety nonsense.

Milk, butter and cheese are fine to eat as much as you like. One day a week. It’s the insulin reaction (if you’re on that diet).

maccruiskeen

Very disappointed to learn they’ve had to stop using real goblins due to some health & safety enfinsafety nonsense.

derek_starship
    Free Member

As soon as I saw this:

I immediately imagined the meeting. “What can we do with all the tiniest, raggy little scraps of mechanically recovered ‘meat’ we’ve raped from the last of the carcass? The bits we sweep off the floor? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm I know! I’ve got it……..

Chicken McBOLLOCKS!

wwaswas

binners: Remember these:

‘Meat’ pies, god they can’t even bear to tell you what animal it came from. It’s all a bit Terry Pratchett for my liking.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

You know, actual peer-reviewed stuff.

Get a grip, this is STW. facts mean nothing unless you make them yourself from recycled daily mailisms and guardianista rightonicity

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

“SingleTrackWorld – Where facts mean nothing unless you’ve made them up yourself”

Love it.

maccruiskeen

The label Goblin would probably be more appropriate for the canned chicken

bobfromkansas
    Free Member

quails eggs and ham shaped like a bear.

binners

SingleTrackWorld – Any statement repeated more than 5 times becomes a fact. FACT!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

SingleTrackWorld – Any statement repeated more than 5 times becomes a fact. FACT!

khani
    Free Member

When I was stuck working in Cumbernauld for a week many years ago, the local chippy sold those cheap frozen place mat pizzas, dipped in batter, deep fried, and smothered in about half a pint of cheap runny tomato sauce
    It maybe a class thing,.. maybe not, but no way….. 😯

binners

derek_starship
    Free Member

khani – that’s living the dream in Cumbernauld!

LHS
    Free Member

Why is milk bad?
    How do you eat your cereal?

Usually with Almond or Soy Milk.

Try and stick away from Dairy entirely. Its linked to many growth / inflamation / cancerous ailments, they have traced pesticides and growth hormones into humans from it, its is linked to the rising child obesity and in general its just not a natural thing to consume something that is designed for offspring.

You don’t drink your mums breastmilk still do you? (well some of you may!) 😉

wwaswas

its is linked to the rising child obesity

you could probably point at a huge number of foodstuffs and say ‘porky kids eat that, ergo it’s linked to child obesity’.

LHS
    Free Member

you could probably point at a huge number of foodstuffs and say ‘porky kids eat that, ergo it’s linked to child obesity’

Yes, you could.

wwaswas

so why the focus on milk?

jon1973
    Free Member

Its linked to many growth / inflamation / cancerous ailments, they have traced pesticides and growth hormones into humans from it,

So Thatcher was right to get rid of milk in schools then. Gawd bless her, she was only thinking of the children 😉

LHS
    Free Member

Not just milk, as I said I generally cut out any food that has been processed in some form.

So Thatcher was right to get rid of milk in schools then.

She got one thing right!

binners

Its linked to many growth / inflamation / cancerous ailments

I’ve never heard that. Are they serious increase in risks? Could you provide some evidence? Alternatively, could you just repeat it another 4 times? 😉

LHS
    Free Member

I’ve never heard that. Are they serious increase in risks? Could you provide some evidence? Alternatively, could you just repeat it another 4 times?

No need to repeat, everyone is free to choose the diet they want to. Its entirely up to you.

wwaswas

I generally cut out any food that has been processed in some form

how is milk a ‘processed’ food?

it’s heated up a bit to kill the bugs but otherwise it’s presented for consumption pretty much as it left the source.

Wheat probably has more done to it before you eat a loaf of bread than milk before you drink it?

maccruiskeen

Its probably not so much the case that milk is bad for you, rather that too much milk is bad for you. As someone who can’t eat/drink dairy without unpleasant consequences avoiding milk is surprisingly difficult, as it appears as an inconsequential ingredient in so many things. Skimmed milk powder is to dairy what recovered lips and arseholes is to meat – its the surplus cheap junk used to bulk things up.

So to consume too much milk is easy because everyone consumes for more of it than they realise

jon1973
    Free Member

No need to repeat, everyone is free to choose the diet they want to. Its entirely up to you.

But if you’re going to make a statement like that, you should be able to back it up.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Pizzas give you cancer.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 164 total)

The topic ‘What food product would you not buy based on "class?"’ is closed to new replies.