Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 164 total)
  • What food product would you not buy based on "class?"
  • Harry_the_Spider

Authentic Pizza all the way from Bielefeld. Produced, packaged, shipped and sold for about a quid.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

If the mince is extra lean steak mince, yes. Otherwise no.

But surely you dont make chilli or Bolognese with extra lean mince?

stoat

Southern fried chicken bits from the hot food counter.
    Oh, and those cheese squares for burgers..add to that frozen burgers..

chvck
    Free Member

I buy food on taste and quality not class.

This. I’ve also had an Aldi 4 bird roast, it was OK, not great but OK. Don’t know if you don’t try…

iDave
    Free Member

Much of the rich and expensive food I enjoy is derived from the peasant food of Spain, Italy, Morocco, etc, so when I’m in Tuscany or Andalusia, I like to eat parmo and fry bentos pies.

tails
    Free Member

Mechanically retrieved chicken arses shaped as something and breaded.

I’m sure Usain Bolt credits chicken nuggets as the food that powered him to his two world records.

That chicken in a tin though, how is that possible. I might try and do it at home 😀

derek_starship
    Free Member

Harry – I must admit I had one of those Dr. Oatcakes pizzas. More salt than the Dead Sea and about 25 microns deep.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

At the lower end, I won’t buy anything, frozen except peas and ice cream.

I also wont buy Moet NV because it’s shit. Caviar for the same reason. Veal, because it tastes of bugger all, and ostrich or kangaroo.

They are not anywhere near as tasty as a good bit beef, venison or lamb etc. Just another way for the middle class to get the piss taken out of them.

dan1980
    Free Member

Tinned chicken…

yum

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Tinned meat is a bit wrong unless its confit duck legs. They are rather tasty! I have a soft spot for Grants’ tinned Haggis aswell. It’s really good.

finbar
    Free Member

Anything whose preparation instructions start with “remove from cardboard wrap and pierce film in several places”

I agree with you, but presumably that’s not based on class, it’s a taste/healthiness/ethics issue?

I wouldn’t buy anything from Asda because i’m a snob (and because their adverts make me want to punch people). They might sell lovely food, but i’ll never find out.

njee20
    Free Member

But surely you dont make chilli or Bolognese with extra lean mince?

We do.

Iceland sums it up for me!

bobbyg81
    Free Member

We do.

Whatever floats your boat! 🙂

DrJ

Not to do with class, but “anything from Israel”.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

Any thing with value written on it, pre made pies, white bred, caned food, cheap food, any thing from Iceland or cheap Germany super markets , they are full of smelly poor people.

wwaswas

I find the average BMI of the shoppers to be a good indication of the class of their target demographic…

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Dan1980 I thought at first that chicken had it’s head still on, but it’s the wing.

RustySpanner

zokes
    Free Member

and ostrich or kangaroo.

You are missing out on a whole world of extremely tasty and healthy food right there

milkyman
    Free Member

i can not belive people buy bottled water, when it 1st came out i thought no people wont buy that, have they no taps at home, how wrong i was
    total rip of
    NO I DONT BUY IT

BigJohn

I don’t like going into Asda or Lidl because you get bumped into a lot by ignorant people using the trollies as weapons.

But the veg tends to be good and cheap. I don’t think I’m strong enough to lift £5 worth of Lidl fruit & veg. And Lidl Cachaca (when they have it) is not too bad.

I won’t buy pre-mashed spud, pre-sliced veg. At about 10 times the price, what’s that all about? Are all these benefit scroungers too busy moonlighting to cook properly?

But I do Luuuurve a Fray Bentos.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

You are missing out on a whole world of extremely tasty and healthy food right there

I have tried it. It just didn’t do anything for me. And for the price of it, I expect it to be alot better than it is. I think there’s a reason why it isn’t on any really good restaurants menus. It’s poor!

Now wild boar, buffalo, pheasant and wood pigeon. That is worth buying!

iDave
    Free Member

in Oz, kangaroo = dog food

glenh
    Free Member

Orange 5

terrahawk
    Free Member

I don’t understand the question.

redfordrider
    Free Member

Anything deep fried in cooking oil.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

There are plenty of foods I wouldn’t buy but its not a class issue its more to do with not wanting to eat rubbish, which isn’t always the cheapest anyway is it?

I love lambs liver too I make us a fab liver and bacon casserole to have with mash the whole thing costs about £3 and is yummy!

mudshark
    Free Member

I don’t like going into Asda or Lidl because you get bumped into a lot by ignorant people using the trollies as weapons.

Well it probably depends on where the stores are. I like Lidl and never had a problem in the Leatherhead or Farnham (Surrey) stores.

I won’t buy battery chicken or eggs, bottled water, dairy lee, shaped food or anything low cost/high fat.

nickf
    Free Member

It wasn’t when I was there a few weeks back.

restless
    Free Member

Greggs sausage rolls for the kids. 😯

cinnamon_girl

I sometimes shop in Asda, avoiding peak times obviously. 😉 No worse than Tesco really. Fresh veg has a very short shelf life though.

Quite happy to eat cheaper food if it means I can keep my rather nice bikes. 🙂

chvck
    Free Member

In UK, lamb, chicken etc… = cat food

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ll happily eat all manner of cheap cuts of meat and do love a good corn beef hash.

Had to draw the line at pigs kidneys yesterday… jeez they stank of piss.

portlyone

Anything with diet/reduced fat on it 🙂

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

What’s “don perignon” you prole?

derek_starship
    Free Member

I give you the andouillette.

Apparently – they taste of pig shite. Lovely.

LHS
    Free Member

Essentially anything that is processed in anyway or has artificial cr*p in it I won’t touch. Oh and milk, probably the best thing to cut out of anyones diet.

restless
    Free Member

Oh and milk, probably the best thing to cut out of anyones diet.

Why is milk bad?
    How do you eat your cereal?

donsimon
    Free Member

Any preprepared food. If the staff can’t prepare it themselves, you shouldn’t be eating it. 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 164 total)

The topic ‘What food product would you not buy based on "class?"’ is closed to new replies.