Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • What Floor Tile Steam Cleaner for Grout ?
  • Swelper
    Free Member

We have a large area of white floor tiles with the obligatory white grout. Busy house with two dogs and teenagers as traffic. Apart from digging out the exist grout and replacing with epoxy grout, the second option is a hand held (without getting on hands and knees) steam cleaner.

I’m angling towards the epoxy route tbh. A steam cleaner would be beneficial for other household duties, albeit probably will wash away any grout over time.

WWSTWD and any steam experiences

stumpyjon

We have a Vax steam cleaner, doesn’t touch the grout though. Wire pan scrub seems best, thinking of cleaning and applying some sort of grout sealant.

arcing
    Free Member

I don’t really get steam cleaners, and I own two of them. We have a Karcher SC3 which we basically just use as an expensive mop.

When we first got it, I cleaned the grout in the kitchen, downstairs loo and boot room, with a scrubbing nozzle which was included. It took ages and was hard graft, but they did come up quite well. This is ‘rustic’ country well though, with sand coloured grout, nothing close to white.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘What Floor Tile Steam Cleaner for Grout ?’ is closed to new replies.