Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • What flag for England after Brexit?
  • epicyclo

Seeing as Brexit is about taking back control, I’m sure having to pay to fly a foreign flag to represent England will be a no no amongst the far right.

So what flag will England fly to represent itself? 🙂

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/england-flag-st-george-italy-sweden-world-cup-cross-genoa-mayor-marco-bucci-tribute-cross-queen-a8436021.html?fbclid=IwAR0VRo3yB9IkDDT0IYZNYFtGP7_nJleHIi0HGKgjsBtu8JADL2KpRLTlz9I

kimbers

mdavids
    Free Member

From the late great Bill Hicks on the absurdity of nationalism.

Instead of putting stars and stripes on our flags we should put pictures of our parents ****! Gather people around that flag and see your dad hunched over your mom’s big 4×4 butt,

Drac

scaredypants

some nice red prison bars on a white background? – preferably with a trapped gammoner looking out

eddiebaby
    Free Member

prison bars on a white background? – preferably with a trapped gammoner looking out

The gammoners aren’t trapped. It’s their dream. You’re the trapped one.

theotherjonv

half and half, st georges cross and EU. Singed all round the edges, with Taking Back Control in Latin on one side.

Jarvis Cocker’s already written the new national anthem

(NSFW so non-visible link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCvYUaQXnE8 )

coconut
    Free Member

And which flag for Scotland and Wales…?

tjagain

Scotland has the saltire, Wales has one – I don’t know what it is called – A dragon on green and white

Onzadog
    Free Member

Whatever it is, it can’t be symmetrical about the horizontal axis.

We can’t risk any confusion once we need to fly it upside down.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Black/white for the National politics
    Red for the National rags
    Intensive animal ‘farms‘ for the National Food
    Dictators for international ‘deals’

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

I like the 3 lions. A traditional English animal.

slowoldman

White.

binners

As the UK is about to become the International equivalent of the Crimson Permanent Assurance, surely it can only be…

Caher

‘Its the Mail Wat One It’

onehundredthidiot

I love that English football is so pro France.

I like the 3 lions

Using the Plantagenet lions as their symbol. Vivre la football.

martymac

Lol@binners

piemonster

If we ended up with a Pirate flag I’d consider Brexit to be worthwhile

Northwind

https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/webimg/T0FLMTIxNjIyMDU5.jpg?&width=640Yellow Jack

Will satisfy the brexies as it’s a “jack” and hearkens back to the glorious days of empire.

maccruiskeen

maccruiskeen

maccruiskeen

somafunk

A lump of dogshit on a stick waved above the head would be appropriate

CountZero

Rather failing to see just why we’d have to ask permission from Genoa for using a flag of a particular saint, there are a number of countries who use the flag of Saint George, I doubt very much that copyright and trademark laws applied back then.
    As John Cabot was actually Genoese, and was the first modern European to officially land in North America, I guess this silly little man will now try to claim the discovery for Genoa as well.
    And of course, he’s a right-wing politician as well as being a stupid jackass.

matt_outandabout

Surely it has to be blue to match the passports?
    (Bonus for any sailors who get this meaning)

MSP

Something like this

We can fill in the name later when it is decided who’s bitch we are. At the moment it’s clear Boris hopes we will be Americas bitch, but Russia has been playing us all along and China could try to get in via the backdoor Hong Kong. Although once they have all used us for whatever they want and realised the disappointment, we could end up as a sheep farmers Sheila.

Onzadog
    Free Member

That’s going to be one of those with the name crossed out and replaced a lot if times.

TiRed

Stars and Stripes, obviously. With one very small additional star added for good measure. Barely noticeable.

dannyh
    Free Member

Red swastika in a white circle on a red background.

It’s what most Brexit voters really want if they are being honest.

BillMC

A conflagration?

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

^ deserves more credit

igm

CountZero
    Rather failing to see just why we’d have to ask permission from Genoa for using a flag of a particular saint, there are a number of countries who use the flag of Saint George, I doubt very much that copyright and trademark laws applied back then

Was the point not that the English should pay, but rather that they did pay and appear to have forgotten to make their recent payments. Don’t want to start brexit looking like the sort of folk who would fail to honour their end of a deal – bad form if BoJo doesn’t pay personally I’d say.

dannyh
    Free Member

White.

Actually that is perfect. Symbolic in so many ways.

1. It is what massive numbers of Leave voters thought they were voting for – a whites only britain.

2. It symbolises ‘the plan’ for actually implementing Brexit (and more than four years later still does) I.e. a blank sheet of paper.

3. Its true meaning is what Leave voters (and all of us) are going to get – abject surrender. We just have to figure out the ‘who are we surrendering to’ bit first. And we haven’t even managed that yet.

Tick tock.

slowoldman

Precisely dannyh

FuzzyWuzzy

maccruiskeen

Ha

Flicking through photos on my phone found this snap from the Imperial War Museum 🙂

dannyh
    Free Member

^^^^

Nice, but too much black.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘What flag for England after Brexit?’ is closed to new replies.