Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • What first lid did you buy Jnr *insert username*?
  • eyerideit
    Free Member

Baby Eye is nearly 11 months old and I’m getting a front fitting Yepp bike seat along with a windshield for my birthday.

Being of the pro lid persuasion I’d like you to recommend some protection for his lil bonce.

I’m going to go to a few shops and try some on as well.

edlong
    Free Member

Ignore recommendations and reviews, get the one that fits eyerideit jnr’s head best – we’ve had helmets at various price points, from Specialized, Decathlon’s own brand, Met, others I can’t remember, bought on fit for the particular head it was being bought for only

EDIT: When looking, feel free to ignore suggested age ranges, small people’s heads seem to vary greatly in circumference and we’ve at least once bought a helmet way out of the suggested range (like, a helmet sold as being for 4-5 year olds, fitting a two year old perfectly or similar)

tomaso
    Free Member

I think first was a Bell, but had MET and Specialized ones too. All worked great but thankfully never needed.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    peabrain
    Free Member

At 9 months it was a BBB ones from the Dutch Trading Company when I bought a BoBike Mini.

That lasted until through many adventures on bike seat/balance bike/pedal bike until he was 3 then we upgraded to a Uvex Hero.

warns74
    Free Member

Specialized small-fry. Great rotary retention system on the back means easy to get good fit and she never complains about wearing it.

miketually
    Free Member

One with a bumble bee on it, I think. Or Fifi Forgetmeknot.

bigG
    Free Member

A Giro Me2 because it fitted her well, and I like Giro helmets

here,

brassneck

Speccy small fry, but as soon as they were old enough to express opinions (about 2 then) they all wanted Bell Fractions with skulls and stuff on them

Tracey

Abigale had this from an early age until her first trip to Verbier when she thought it wasnt cool.

Think it was a Met

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Uvex, with dinosaurs on. Got a bell before that but not big enough for the stabiliser patented meganoggin.

kimbers

Bell Splash fitted nicely from about 1.5 years up and hes still wearing it at 3 and a bit
    got leds in the back too fwiw

brakes
    Free Member

I just got one from the LBS for my 1 year old, just so he could get used to wearing one – wasn’t that bothered about fit particularly.
    Will be replacing it with a pisspot style one soon as his head is big enough for the Bell ones now.
    They seem to offer good protection.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Lazer max. It was the smallest I could get. He was about 1 when I got it. Tried loads in CRC and it was the best fit. And it looks like a lion!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Met Elfo as it has cutouts for the soft bit of the skull, or something.

Lasted a couple of years:

He’s now got an Uvex Hero, which is basically a scaled down version of my XP100 helmet.

And the Elfo has gone to his brother:

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Decathlon

passtherizla
    Free Member

we had a specialized small fry that is finished with. has cool dinosaur son it and is blue if you want to but it for £15 posted?

northernmatt

I got him some green thing from Halfords with a monkey on. It fits, job done.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

I’ll take him along to a shop for a fitting.

ads678

both mine have spec small fry’s. My lad has had his since he was 1 and he’s now five and it still fits him, very versatile fitting system. Should probably buy him a new one really!!

Bell fractions look cool though

Big-Pete
    Free Member

This one for grandson

GHill

I got my daughter a Limar. It’s very light, fits her well and (most importantly) it’s pink.

She was 2 when she got it though, don’t think it would fit at 11 months.

takisawa2

This one first…

Untitled by pten2106, on Flickr

Then this one…

Untitled by pten2106, on Flickr

Now, age 8, a size small Giro Hex fits him perfectly.

Still got the Spesh one, if its any use to you.
    He wasnt in it for long.

BillOddie

My 2 mini Oddies have had Met Elfos and then Bell Fraction piss pots.

The Fractions are good because they can take a proper hammering, and kids have a tendency to drop/chuck/abuse helmets.

brassneck

The Fractions are good because they can take a proper hammering, and kids have a tendency to drop/chuck/abuse helmets.

Plus they are universally regarded as cool, and can be used at skateparks etc. on other stuff like sccoters, skateboards and STILL be cool. Which means they tend to get worn without prompting.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘What first lid did you buy Jnr *insert username*?’ is closed to new replies.