Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • What excuses did you make – NOT to ride today?
  • firestarter
    Free Member

In between night shifts so took daughter to tropical gardens to see animals and got four days of riding this week coming 😉

pitcherpro
    Free Member

couldn't be bothered 😕

keefus
    Free Member

Started a new book (Lee Childs) and just couldnt put it down!

mogrim

None, did a road ride despite hangover, 97km with a couple of decent climbs – made a lot harder thanks to the 35C heat! (Probably broke a few roadie by-laws by taking a Camelbak with me, but it was either that or die…)

The second climb:

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Swimming with the kids, gardening, Tour de France. Ride tomorrow.

iDave
    Free Member

don't need to make an excuse just didn't ride. ran and walked a friends gay labrador

NZCol

First weekend in, feels like months, with no rain. Sun shining, beautiful 100k roadie on saturday looking over to the snow capped mountains, good hard 50k offroader yesterday with far too many 000's of metres climbing. Broken last night. Sat in the hot tub with a beer looking at the stars – fantastic.

teagirl
    Free Member

Had to go and make bacon butties for the good folk of Skipton at the Sheep Day. Fund raising for the local Scout group. Is that a unique excuse?

twohats
    Free Member

Eldest kid ill
    It pissed it down
    Hand still not working properly after a drink related bike crash nearly 2 weeks ago
    Think I have what the eldest has

Ambrose

It was lashing down with rain and I just didn't fancy getting soaked. And I've somehow managed to lose my bike boots. Rode yesterday in my winter ones, was a wee bit uncomfortable in the warmth.

epicyclo

Had to take the horseless carriage for a trot. The poor chap with the red flag got blown off the road a few times.

LittleTones
    Free Member

I'm going to watch the Tour de France.

Failed miserably though…

spikerman_1
    Free Member

offered naked tandem free fall parachute.. couldn't pass that up

yunki
    Free Member

RealMan – Member
    I got absolutely wasted last night. Woke up, felt horrible. Wanted to be sick.

your advice to MTFU and ride with a hangover.. is NOT valid.
    You are a whippersnapper.. and have beautiful, fresh, pink, juicy, cheerful internal organs..

After a few more years as an adult and subjecting yourself to hangovers you will realise many things..
    firstly.. when your 40 year old liver is swollen and bruised and is composed mainly of fatty deposits, varicose veins and scar tissue.. and is purple and hard and distended. when your kidneys have suffered a similar fate.. when your bowel and lower intestine are also pretty messed up..

and processing alcohol turns your body into a sweaty, hallucinating, shaking painful inferno.. and you suffer palpitations and small seizures.. when you can feel and taste and smell the strange and noxious solvents that your weakened and confused body is producing in it's desperate attempt to break down the acetates that are forming crystalline structures within your hot and throbbing liver.. when you have vomited everything up to and including your stomach lining as your body tries to rid itself of the poisons that it has inadvertently created..
    and when you know that this is just hour one.. day one.. of what is likely to be a three day torment..

THEN my friend.. you will be able to advise as to the manly course of action while experiencing the tortures of a hangover.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

No bike,

48 degree heat,

Mortars.

11 days till I'm home and riding…

jacko54321
    Free Member

RealMan – Member
    I got absolutely wasted last night. Woke up, felt horrible. Wanted to be sick.

its quite dangerous as well, puts alot of strain on your heart,

i didnt ride because i smashed my wrist into pices last week, should be back in september tho

toby1

I rode into town if that counts (not really as it's only 3 miles each way) and I rode yesterday on the mtb and will darkside a couple of times this coming week.

Irish_AL
    Free Member

i am ill, now leave me alone to die in peace

roughneck
    Free Member

None!
    I'm just stuck in the middle of the Indian ocean!!!!
    Should be back on the bike at the weekend. I'm just sick of this exercise bike, 2 hour was the most I could handle with out going mad.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Near continuous lower back pain that gets further damaged by being on the bike 🙁

RealMan
    Free Member

yunki would you like a tissue? 😀

yunki
    Free Member

would you like a tissue

yes please.. my bedsores are weeping

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘What excuses did you make – NOT to ride today?’ is closed to new replies.