Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What events would you like to see in the paralympics?
  • beefheart
    Free Member

There seems to be much less interest in the paralympics than the olympics, so I was wondering how it could be made better.

I would like to see siamese twins racing tandems.

LapSteel
    Free Member

xiphon
    Free Member

It’s quite sad how little interest the special Olympics receives.

I think the feats the athletes achieve are way more impressive than their able-bodied counterparts!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    beefheart
    Free Member

I think the feats the athletes achieve are way more impressive than their able-bodied counterparts!

True. The swimming was definitely an eye opener.

Northwind

I love the running. The rest I can take or leave but watching the guys on blades is just amazing. Inspirational people on inspirational kit.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Don’t think there’s a MTB event, is there?

Not sure how you’d handle the classifications etc, but given some of the amazing people I’ve met and seen on the trails and out racing, that would be ace!

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

“Spanking the chancellor” seems like it might be a real crowd pleaser!

IHN

If you go on to teh cycling section of the Beeb sports website, there’s not a mention of the Paralympics, despite how well we did on the track. It’s all under ‘Disability Sport’.

I, for one, think that stinks.

xiphon
    Free Member

IHN – I agree about the ‘disability sport’ section of the Beeb.

Personally I think the paras should be run at the same time as the other Olympics.

Everyone has got bored of it now, and just wants to get back to watching millionaire footballers crying on the pitch.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What events would you like to see in the paralympics?’ is closed to new replies.