Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What events do people wan to do?
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Following on from
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/whats-with-people-racing-challenge-events-or-just-me-that-isnt-discuss
    But leaving all the politics an practicalities at the door.
    Any chance of a poll on the front page after we get a resonable list?

I’ll kick off
    Gravity Enduro’s outside of trail centres (Race)
    Long Point to Point stuff (Race for some challenge for others)
    Multi Day Stage Races (on all stuff trail, BW’s and the rest) (Race for some challenge for others)
    DH (Race)

Over to you?

crikey
    Free Member

I think the cyclo-cross style short course, and above all local event format holds promise. It depends on your local access and terrain, and a concentration on womens racing and children and juniors would be my ideal scenario.

weeksy

For me it’s longer distance XC stuff that float my boat. The sort of stuff where you start and then finish 10-12 hours later (some may finish in 6 but they’re not humans).

I’m old (in a relative context) compared to the youngsters who want to go flat out for 45-90 mins… i want to see the scenary and enjoy the countryside.

The Maxx Exposure, Brecon beast, Afan Monster etc etc are the things i like.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Would love to try more short course xc racing so long as categories remain as separate races. I’ve tried a few in the past and having three categories of rider on the course at the same time makes it impossible to gauge your position in a race as you don’t know who you’re racing against until the race is finished. Might as well just ride the course and upload to strava.

Long point to point stuff would be great too.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

1. Shorter (1hr) XC events – moderately techy
    2. Longer endurance (not enduro!) XC possibly multi-day but less techy and more stamina challenges
    3. Orienteering/AR races – less bloody tape littering the countryside!! Rely on map reading instead.

Do not have the balls or the skills for DH!

Different formats for variety. But at my level, “racing” is simply,have I finished given everything I have got? (hence the name!) Quite simple that way.

ahwiles
    Free Member

short-course xxc*.

2k loop, jumps and tech and stuff, 5 laps or so.

i’ve tried it, it’s ace fun.

(*apologies for the cringe-worthy term, but i think it’s important to distinguish what i’m on about, from yer usual dull-as-***k xc course)

IanMunro
    Free Member

xc duathlons, preferable with navigation and corners to weed out the triathletes.

taxi25
    Free Member

Sort of hybrid mtb-cyclocross thing. Multiple short cyclocross length laps but much more technical ( you’d need a mtb to do well ).

sefton
    Free Member

1 hour XC MTBing at grass roots (like the cyclocross format)

roger_mellie

Very limited experience so far of events, but here’s what I’d like:

1. Endurance – I’ve taken part in the ‘puffer as part of a 4 man team, and I’d do it again either as part of a quad or pair.
    2. Long distance point to point – I’m about to take part in Heaven of the South, and I’ll probably do it, or something like it again.
    3. Orienteering – I fancy a go at the Welsh Ride Thing at some point.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

3. Orienteering – I fancy a go at the Welsh Ride Thing at some point.

Well you’re in luck … you’ve still got until midnight tomorrow to enter 😉

acidchunks

Ideal event would include a weekend of:

Races for all levels.

Riding my own bike (challenge or competitive but preferably the former)

Drinking heavily

A big £$(%ing disco

Camping

Basically something like the Malvern Hills Classic

offthebrakes
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – did you do the Peaslake MTBO (orienteering) yesterday?

If you’re into that kind of thing, the next Gorrick Trailtrax is from Tilford on 19th May. Likely to be covering Hankley Common, Thursley Common, Punchbowl, Puttenham Common etc.

Starts and finishes at a pub 🙂

Details here.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I just want to do the WRT . . . .

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

In my dreams the Tour Divide and RAAM, in reality I’ll probably give a 24 hour solo a go at some point and I WILL do the Paris-Brest-Paris audax when the kids are a bit older

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What events do people wan to do?’ is closed to new replies.