What European Lift Assisted Holiday Venue?

Home Forum Bike Forum What European Lift Assisted Holiday Venue?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What European Lift Assisted Holiday Venue?
  • Elsa

Thinking about where to go this year. Been to the usual, Morzine / Les Gets / Chatel, Chamonix, Deux Alps, Alpes D'Huez (Mega) etc… Our favourites of these would probably be Chatel for the 'freeride' element and Chamonix for the naturally technical trails.

Were not looking for all mountain. We're just looking for quality, technical, 'freeridey' lift assisted trails. If anyone has some quality recommendations, we would love to hear about them.

Many Thanks

Premier Icon steveh
    Subscriber

Try trailaddiction in the Les arcs area, the trails are pretty much all natural paths but there are some very tech ones, loads of nice flowy walkers paths etc. I've been to all the places you mention and more and this is one of my favourites.

Rivierra Bike, can't reccommend these guys highly enough – we went last year and had a riot. This is their new freeride site but they do holidays too:

http://rivierafreeride.com/

Elsa

Thanks. I'll check it out

Elsa

Not looking for guided riding, just looking for good trails. You guys recommending the guides or the trails? Cheers

nasher

Both uplifts, trails and guides.

Sure some of the places you have mentioned you can find trails yourself as they are waymarked or on a map but for the best stuff a guide with years of local knowledge is your best bet and these are often not on a map.

ianv

Andorra, La Molina, Les Angles Pyranees

Les Arcs (with TrailAddiction if you need guiding).

ocrider

Les Angles

Not bad,but wouldnt recommend it for freerideyness.

However if you dont have a problem with the occasional climb and the odd bit of carrying the bike so that you can get over the back to Camporells and the lac des Bouillouses its a beautiful place.

Oh, best not forget the train jaune either: 1800m up 3000m down. 55k long, 2x15k descents, train back up the valley) it is truely epic, but its not for you either 😉

ianv

Re Les Angles, They have some good lift accessed stuff between 5 and 7km, about 6 trails + there is all the stuff off the back of the mountain + the yellow train + its not far from La Molina or Andorra as part of a roadtrip.

I suppose it depends on the definition of freeride.

ocrider

Well, Elsa did state

Were not looking for all mountain

so I'm guesssing that they dont do inclines. Shame for them, but each to their own.

RHSno2

The Valais. Access to the the Awesome Crans Montana, Anzere (black is fantastic), St Luc (good freeride), Dorenaz if you like it steep, Verbier, Vallorcine plus many others.

Les Arcs is tip top riding

foxyrider

Thinking of going saalbach/hinterglemm with neilson lakes holidays about £500 full board inc lift pass/bike hire card 🙂

freeridenick

Dorenaz – what a great place 😛

Premier Icon steveh
    Subscriber

I've been out with Riviera bike and wouldn't reccomend the area without them. They are the uplift service and know/made the trails in the area. Without them I don't think you'd find that many without an awful lot of wasted time.

The les arcs area has a great selection of trails and you'll find some of the good ones on your own. In the summer the lifts run so uplift isn't a problem. But IMHO to get the best of the area you'll need a guide for at least some of the time.

Premier Icon Potdog
    Subscriber

For somewhere different why not try our uplift service? We provide the only one on the island 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What European Lift Assisted Holiday Venue?’ is closed to new replies.