• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by jabbi.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What enduro/trail 29" rim
  • Highland28
    Free Member

Right then,
    I will hopefully be in the market for a new set of rims to be built up on my pro 2 hubs.
    It seems that it is between the stans flow mk3 or arch, or the dt Swiss ex471.

I can get all of the above for around £70 so will built up onto my rims for around 180 with dt spokes.

Currently I feel like I’m swinging towards the dt rim, but are there any others I should be looking at?

Many thanks

thomthumb
    Free Member

got a pair of Dts they have been great. Also the straightest/ roundest rims i’ve built with.

Tracey

Was thinking the same earlier in the week. Eventually went with the DT Swiss EX 511 but they only come in 650b If it was 29er I would have gone XM 481. I also looked at the WTB i29s as I have some i25s that have are very good.

cp

I’ve just gone with some Easton arc plus 35s from crc – 31.49 quid a rim at the moment.

Literally just built up this evening. I got some i25s cheap from PX which I was going to use… but decided might as well have some proper wide rims see what the fuss is about. Will be using with 2.4 and 2.25 tyres.

Edit – shame, now out of stock 🙁

sillyoldman

EX471. If you want wider up front, then go XM481.

EX better in the rocks.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Check its in stock first. I went with a Stans Arch on my Profile hub.

warns74
    Free Member

Spank oozy trail 295 or 345. Been a couple of threads on these recently and they are great rims.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d get the xm481 if i were buying custom wheels now.

hatter

The EX511’s are coming out in 29″ soon.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I use a 28H XM481 on a set of 240 hubs as my heavy duty & race wheelset & a light weight set of XMC1200’s if I’m riding stuff with no rocks, as they, like most carbon wheels are a bit fragile.

If I was building one wheelset for all, is build it around some Mk3 Arch’s.

boxxer7
    Free Member

anyone know when the EX511 rims are going to be available in 29?

Just about to build up some wheels for my Sentinel.

Using arcs on my patrol at the moment and they look like a 20p was planning on flows but saw the thread on the cracking issues…..

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Boxxer7 – the way you say that suggests you’ve already got a Sentinel?

hatter

The 29″ EX511’s should be arriving at the start of October.

boxxer7
    Free Member

@groundskeeperwilly, no ive got one on preorder for October so trying to get everything ready for when it arrives

Thanks hatter, I might hold off building up the wheels for now in that case

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Ah right. Thought you might have been the first one in the U.K. Or something! Do you have a date?

niksnr
    Free Member

Halo Vapour 35 do rim only. 30mm internal. That’s what I’ll be looking at for new wheel build.

thomthumb
    Free Member

@groundskeeperwilly, no ive got one on preorder for October so trying to get everything ready for when it arrives

got one of the first 2017 smugglers. nice surprise when it was a month early. 😀

boxxer7
    Free Member

Im told the end of October but I guess they could be earlier if thomthumb has got his smuggler early?

Have you got your eye on the sentinel?

Been debating about giving the E13 trs+ rims a try

jabbi
    Free Member

Can’t fault DT Swiss XM481’s tbh, built up easily and haven’t died yet! (18 months ish)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What enduro/trail 29" rim’ is closed to new replies.