Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What easy to pick up and put down game for PS3?
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Looking for an occasional game to play on my PS3 (young twins so I don't have a great deal of time at the moment). I normally like Call of Duty and have the latest instalment, but simply haven't had the time to pick it up and play as I find it takes a while to get back into the rhythm – I normally play online and spend the first 30 minutes dying at the hands of obsessed Americans and simply don't have hours to lose at its hands (I lost about three full days constant playing on CoD World at War).

So what alternative us there – I was thinking about a brainless car racing game – just something I can play in 'arcade' mode.

So – is it Need for Speed that is just coming out? Is taht any good? Any other recommendations?

Saccades
    Free Member

Warhawk for me, a much better atmosphere and games are quick.

Other good games would be Drakes fortune and Ratchett and Clank.

Added bonus is that all are old and very cheap to pick up now.

Also GT5 prologue is going for a song, but I didn't like it compared to previous GT versions.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Drake's Fortune – that one isn't really a pick up/put down game is it? I could lose hours and hours to that game…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Saccades
    Free Member

You can save all over the show in it – it's pretty linear too, so no forgetting where you were up to 2 weeks ago.

You could spend an age on it to get all the trophies, but on a once through I got 36% of them and the game took me 12-14 hours on and off.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

But I just fancy a really simple no thinking game really… Seen a bit of Drake's and it seems a bit too much like thinking for me.

ski
    Free Member

Grand Theft Auto IV is fun to just mess about with for a half hour or so.

theflatboy
    Free Member

wipeout hd is really good and on the download from the store for about £13.

little big planet is fantastic, if you don't have it, and a proper platform game but with neat little twists.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Grand Theft Auto IV is fun to just mess about with for a half hour or so.

Bought it, hated it, sold it within about a week of release!

Wipeout might be worth looking at – used to like the old version on my original PS…

Is there a new Timesplitters coming/come out?

rockitman
    Free Member

Pro Evo for me. I get about 30-40 min sessions and I'm on 5 min games. Master League is taking a while but if you get up at 6 on a Saturday you can play for a few hours before anyone else rises.

Probably need to like footie though?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I like footie but can't get into footie games.

Get up at 6 BEFORE anyone else rises? I wish!!! 3 month old twins – not a chance 🙂

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

Another vote for the wipeout games : )

LoulaBella
    Free Member

Katamari Forever!!!!!
    and it came out today, my kids love wathcing and joining in and the music is great.

colin@rush
    Free Member

Grid…

One of the best car games i've played….

soobalias
    Free Member

choose heroin

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

At the risk of being seriously ridiculed, I saw Tiger Woods 10 on sale recently, an despite never having gotten into golf games, I thought I'd give it a try as I'd read such good reviews.

Really really good game. Takes a bit of addiction to get good at it, but once you do, you can pick up and put down easily enough. Handy if mates play it too.

I'm suffering from severe hammerings from Americans though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What easy to pick up and put down game for PS3?’ is closed to new replies.