Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • What dry food for dogs ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Our new dog (rehomed) is fed pets at home own brand natural evolution, it’s not the most expensive or cheapest £10 for 1.5kg
    What do you use ? Obviously if we change we’d introduce it slowly and measured.

Any truth in all this branding etc ? Looking for value for money and ease of getting it.

Thanks in advance

IHN

James Wellbeloved senior (cos he’s an old git) grain free keeps our 17 year old mongrel fit and healthy. Good solid poos too, which is good for his arse glands (oh the glamour)

johndoh
    Free Member

We use Royal Canin (because that is what the puppy was weaned on before we got her).

But don’t buy from the High Street – we get our bulk bags from Zooplus and it’s about half the price.

stevextc
    Free Member

grain free keeps our 17 year old mongrel fit and healthy.

Both my mum and myself are coeliac and I convinced her to get grain free as I was convinced she was getting “poisoned” by getting gluten from the dog food

The dog’s overall health is noticeably much better since the change.

Del

wagg. just over a tenner from evil tescos for 17kg.
    same content as ‘regular’ wellbeloved at over 4x the price when i looked at the ingredients and compared. ( think it was wellbeloved – it was what the ex was feeding the dog )
    edit – plus a cod liver oil cap. spaniel at 10 years old. happy as you like.

willard

Chudleigh kibble senior for both mine. Before that they were on the normal adult Chudleighs. It seems to work for them and is average price.

spacemonkey

Wainwrights and Barking Head here.

bruneep

Hills old codger food

I get it online from Zooplus via quidco

loddrik
    Free Member

Aldi. 6 quid for an enormous bag. Perfectt

theotherjonv

Barking Heads here.

She must like it, because she eats it all up….

somafunk

Just placed an order for Tails after a recomendation, £1 to try the first two weeks food so it’s worth a try.

z1ppy

Dr. doolittle, which is a local equestrian supplier, bulk buying the same food as everyone else from the factory direct & selling it themselves, only cheaper… Go have a look what your local farm/horse suppliers are selling

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Markus muhle for the youngsters and Arden Grange senior for old Alfie.

They seem happy and have lovely shiny coats.

But it from zooplus for cheapness and convenience.

Used to feed wagg but their coats were a bit scurfy, noticeably better when they went to muhle.

Sundayjumper

Kirkland (their own brand) from Costco.

dantsw13

Skinners working breed food is VAT free.

franksinatra

This site is good

Dog Food Directory

I feed Burns Working Dog. No complaints.

Lucas
    Free Member

Our 10 year old mutt gets Wellbeloved Senior and does very well on it. Hes always had wellbeloved, when he goes to my parents he gets something cheaper and it makes his poos sloppy. I’d rather pay the extra for hard poos (easier to pick up) and a reduction in carpet bum skidding as the harder poos squeeze his bum glands…..

monde
    Free Member

Skinners Duck and rice. £22 for 15kg delivered and is a lot better than most of the cheap rubbish you can buy in the supermarkets.

https://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/dog-food-reviews/0295/skinners-field-and-trial-duck-and-rice

bodgy
    Free Member

Burns complete. £26 for 7.5kilo bag. They do a reward card thing where if you buy 7 you get your 8th free.

piha
    Free Member

Arden Grange Sensitive. Mongrel dog has a sensitive stomach and has been good as gold on this since I first started him on it. Tried lots of others but Arden Grange works best for him.

Now I also give him Natural Instincts raw food with the dried food. This has improved his stomach even more. 50/50 mix. The chicken and tripe flavour is truly an assault on anyones sense of smell!

LeeW

We tried James Wellbeloved for our two seemed to make one hyperactive and the other one even more skittish than she was already.

Tried several others and found two which suited them. Berriman’s and Aurtarky. Berriman’s is m9re than double the price of Aurarky but well worth it. Swap occasionally jist to mix it up.

cinnamon_girl

Give the poor thing some proper meat!

bodgy
    Free Member

@plha – We use Arden Grange for our highly sensitive, Gluten intolerant cat. The only stuff that doesn’t make him pull his fur out. Bloody idiot. (the cat, not you)

kerley
    Free Member

Give the poor thing some proper meat!

What I was thinking. Raw meat diets for our dogs.

cinnamon_girl

I used to microwave a mixture of meat and offal, a happy dog. 8)

scuttler

Crisps.

chakaping
    Free Member

There’s a website that you can enter the dog’s breed and age and it recommends suitable food. We always get ones I’ve never heard of which supposedly have a much better nutritional composition than many of the well-known brands.

Someone else will probably know what the site is called, but if not I’ll ask my wife.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘What dry food for dogs ?’ is closed to new replies.