Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What drivers can do to be more cyclist aware
  • miketually
    Free Member

What drivers can do to be more cyclist aware

We need more writing like this on more car websites.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Not drive, and cycle instead.

It’s quite simple really.

higthepig
    Free Member

We need more writing like this on more car websites

+1

Not drive, and cycle instead.

Agree, would be great in an ideal world, won’t happen though as many need to drive.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Agree, would be great in an ideal world, won’t happen though as many want to drive.

FTFY

We live on a small island with small towns and cities, we really should cycle more.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Well written article. Needs to be more widely publicised though.

crazy-legs

Well written article that, it avoids playing the blame game and just focuses on plain simple facts. Just waiting for all the comments to arrive along the lines of “you need to pay road tax”…

There’s already a comment about cyclists jumping red lights. 🙄
    It would be good if those kind of posts and topics didn’t just degenerate into an us vs them style argument.

We’re all just people trying to get from A to B.

angryratio
    Free Member

Good article.

100 miles a week to and from work i see at least 2 near misses that make me rapidly breathe in. It’s a mixture of poor cyclecraft and bad driver judgement.

seosamh77
    Free Member

works both ways mind, some cyclist definitely need to be more car aware..

1 point though

Avoid dooring cyclists

shirley that’s more the cyclists responsibility?

diawl2
    Free Member

Agree with everything in the article but, unfortunately, there are too many selfish idiots out there whose only concern is to get where they’re going as quickly as possible.

MarkyG82

+1 diawl2

I also think that the filtering up the inside should be the cyclist responsibility as it should be clear when a car is signalling left. If they aren’t signalling, that’s another matter.

Good artical though.

flashes
    Free Member

don’t drink coffee and eat toast at the same time, less shaving, not putting makeup on, obviously talk on mobile and eat sandwich, texting while driving a C + E, all seen over last 2 days…………..

We just have to think for them………..

Northwind

seosamh77 – Member

shirley that’s more the cyclists responsibility?

Why? Cyclists could do more to avoid it happening by general awareness, and by better road positioning but it’s 100% the driver’s responsibility to look before they open their doors, and that’s what causes dooring.

Bunnyhop

‘Cyclists have a right to claim the lane’. Oh I wish that every car driver read that. I’ve had more road rage moments from impatient drivers while riding the bike in the middle of my lane than any other reason.

TiRed

Cyclists have a right to claim the lane

This is clearly news to the guy who stopped his car, screamed at me then hit me in the face yesterday 🙁 . B****** had not registered the car, so the Police are relying on ANPR to find him.

project
    Free Member

djaustin – Member

Put the reg up on here and we will track him down

TiRed

I did yesterday: AJ52OBB Grey Silver Peugeot 406 estate. Windsor/Staines area. Probably works around Heathrow as it was a rural road (close to Heathrow 😯 )

seosamh77
    Free Member

Why? Cyclists could do more to avoid it happening by general awareness, and by better road positioning but it’s 100% the driver’s responsibility to look before they open their doors, and that’s what causes dooring.

Very easy for a cyclist to come out of nowhere so not much a driver can do on that situation. I know personally, I tend to avoid what i call the door lane, I’ve had a few near misses, which I wouldn’t blame a driver for.

miketually
    Free Member

Just waiting for all the comments to arrive along the lines of “you need to pay road tax”…

Apparently, today’s article is on “Road” Tax.

prezet
    Free Member

Get rid of that dickhead Clarkson and his posse of chavs off the TV promoting ‘over the speed limit’ driving…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What drivers can do to be more cyclist aware’ is closed to new replies.