Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What dongle?
  • Clink

Finally confirmed moving on Tuesday but won’t have internet access for over a week which we ideally need for work. Some 3G in our area – any suggestions for preloaded dongles? Or are they all pretty much the same?

Drac

I ordered one of these it works great.

Then I ordered one of these which has gone down in price again.

EE Sim Card

Clink

thanks

oldschool

Tether to your phone?? If your phone has 3G.

Clink

Have an iPhone 5 (I think). This is to use on a laptop?

Haze

We’re in a similar position at the moment, no internet until start of next month.

At the moment I’m using my phone as a hotspot, have 1gb allowance so trying only to do the important things like pissing about on here.

Not sure if you’re in a position to nag your provider but BT have applied £30 worth of credit to our account since they’re late getting our service up and running. That will pay for 2 x 2gb add-ons off EE if/when we run out.

oldschool

Yeah Haze has it tether to your phone. In settings find connectivityy , pretty straight forward. I use when i’m out the office, or have used it in the office when the phone/internet went down. Same as a dongle, it needs good signal to work well, but no different unless you get a dongle from a different provider.

Clink

Thanks – I’ll have a look. The limiting factor is going to be our crap local 3G reception.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What dongle?’ is closed to new replies.