Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What does the Ipad 'air' get me that the Ipad 4 doesn't have??
  • jekkyl

I’m going to buy a 2nd hand Ipad and looking at this comparison table on wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_iOS_devices#iPad) it appears that the only different between the 4 and the Air is …

ram 1 GB LPDDR3 DRAM / gpu PowerVR G6430 / iOS 7.0.3 & 64 bit bus frequency

what real life benefits does the air have over the 4?
    Looking for experience info from people who have handled both ideally.
    thanks.

onandon
    Free Member

Thinner, lighter, smaller and more sexy.
    It should also come with the office apps installed which are £6.99 each. Basically the equivalent of word, excel, PowerPoint etc etc

patriotpro
    Free Member

thinner, faster, lighter, morer.

We have a 2, a 3 and FiL has an ‘Air’, I wouldn’t pay more for the air over the 3 personally but i would pay more (a bit) for the 3 over the 2 if that makes sense…

patriotpro
    Free Member

It should also come with the office apps installed which are £6.99 each.

Our 3 came with these…

footflaps

It should also come with the office apps installed which are £6.99 each. Basically the equivalent of word, excel, PowerPoint etc etc

They’re free to all users now? I’ve downloaded them on all my Apple stuff for free.

tightywighty
    Free Member

It gets you much faster CPU and GPU.

This is a processor comparison:

GPU:

nickdavies

They’re free to all users now? I’ve downloaded them on all my Apple stuff for free.[/quote]

Only if you’ve bought a new device – I want them free for OSX as i’ve been using the free ones on new iPad but still have to pay £13.99 a go 🙁

kelvin

Air is faster, and almost hand holdable.

All the previous full size iPads you have to rest on you lap/table/sofa really.

If I was buying now though, the latest mini is just as fast as the air, and a properly handy size, and cheaper.

daveagiles
    Free Member

I’ve recently gone from an iPad 2 to a retina mini.

Not missing the size and the change in resolution is great. Everything is much clearer.

jekkyl

Thanks all. Think I will try and see if we can push for the AIR if finances will allow, will speak to the boss later.

patriotpro
    Free Member

the latest mini is just as fast as the air,

But has a smaller screen so not comparable.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What does the Ipad 'air' get me that the Ipad 4 doesn't have??’ is closed to new replies.