Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • what do you think of this bike please? is good enough for trail centres?
  • jekkyl

*backs away, slowly & quietly*

jacob46
    Free Member

Nutter!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Hebdencyclist as Errr just gone to return some video tapes…

rOcKeTdOg

29 or 27.5 is the only choice, if the 26″ breaks you’ll struggle to get parts at a trail centre bike shop, unless you are prepared to search through the local tip/breakers yard where all the small wheelers have been dumped

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Let me tell you that from next year 26 is never to be born again.

Obviously, only christians can be ‘born again’ surely everyone knows that?.

Away back to your lego.

tinybits
    Free Member

29 or 27.5 is the only choice, if the 26″ breaks you’ll struggle to get parts at a trail centre bike shop, unless you are prepared to search through the local tip/breakers yard where all the small wheelers have been dumped

Hmm, never needed a new frame, forks or wheels at a trail center* before brake discs yes, and a pair of socks, but that’s it…..

*or anywhere else for that matter

roverpig

Nothing wrong with the bike. It will cope just fine with anything at a trail centre and anything else you fancy riding as well for that matter.

The wheelsize debate must be pretty confusing to anybody new to the game. The simple fact is that, at the moment, nobody has a clue which size(s) will emerge as the dominant standard and most people are just desperately trying to defend whatever size they’ve plumped for. As the video said, “just pick a size then be a dick about it.” 🙂

The pace of change is pretty daunting though. For years there was just 26″ then we had a slow growth of the 29er. Then a tsunami of 650b and we’re already starting to see the backlash with the first articles calling for a return to 26″. Anybody who really believes they can call this one is either being very selective about the evidence they read or should be focussing on next week’s lottery numbers.

zippykona

More importantly what colour will it be?
    I tend to wear all black so I can compliment anything in my riding quiver.
    However if I was to dress up in 80s style turquoise I would really struggle on natural trails.

Euro
    Free Member

However if I was to dress up in 80s style turquoise I would really struggle on natural trails.

Can i direct sir to the Yeti stand?

I too tend to go by colour. When i began my mtb quest i stuck to black, but as i levelled up my skills i upgraded by adding flashes or red (it’s the fastest btw – like a black belt in karate is the toughest). Not too much red at first as the added velocity that red brings to the table takes a little getting used to. I’m currently a level 8 hardtail rider so can run a full red frame, bars and maybe a seat clamp/stem cap without too much drama. On the full sus i’m rocking a 50/50 black red frame so really have to be careful what i wear so as not to go past the tipping point. Last week i wore a red jacket and suffered a rouge rage attack. I’m not too proud to admit it, but i was out of my comfort zone on that one. Made me rethink my FS strategy to the point that i ordered a set of murdered out forks to prevent this sort of incident from happening again.

Bottom line…there’s much more to mtb than getting out and enjoying riding a bike.

tmb467
    Free Member

I’m moving to France where they call it VTT

I can then wear what I want as long as I ride a lapierre

NormalMan

Might be worth riding it on your HT first. You might find it capable enough, therefore saving you a few quid!

jacob46
    Free Member

mite get me self a test ride on this, I will have a new bike!

http://www.specializedconceptstore.co.uk/the-hub/camber-evo-and-storm-control-win-test

NormalMan

Ah! New bike want, not new bike need 😉

I think we all know that n+1 feeling!

taxi25
    Free Member

A 300 quid hard tail will do you for any trail centre. With the rest of the budget you can then get a helmet gloves decent waterproof jacket and shorts and knee pads etc along with a pack and some spare tubes quick links etc etc etc. no good getting a nice bike to puncture a tyre and not be able to be self sufficient at the trail side IMHO.

Why do people post stuff like this ? the OP is asking about a £2000 F/S. Do you think he’s going to read it and think, yes what I want after all is a £300 Halfords special ( nothing wrong with that if that’s your budget ) and a spare tube.

singlespeedstu

jacob46 – Member
    Singlespeedstu how tall are you? Truthfully,?

I’m 5’13” but i’m not sure what that has to do with the explosuvity of the 29er wheel has to do with how tall i am. 😕

BoomBip
    Free Member

Why do people post stuff like this ? the OP is asking about a £2000 F/S.

But equally he’s asking whether some 2+ grand F/S bikes are ‘good enough for trail centres’ 😯

It would be harder to name the ones that weren’t.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘what do you think of this bike please? is good enough for trail centres?’ is closed to new replies.