Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What do you store your tools in?
  • edward2000
    Free Member

Im looking for a storage solution. I don’t want items such as a crow bar/hammer/drill lying around my garage as they would make a burglars life a bit easier. So im hoping to store them in a secured container in a garage. Said container should have shelves, wheels and a metal construction and decent in size (1m width at a guess). Any suggestions?

zilog6128

The Halfords Advanced tool chests are great quality, wheeled and lockable (doubt they’re impenetrable but should stop a casual thief just grabbing the tools!) although only about 650mm ish wide. (you want to wait until they’re on offer though!)

Failing that any metal locking cupboard/cabinet, they don’t normally come with wheels but no reason you couldn’t bolt some castors on the bottom I suppose.

zerocool

Are you saying y’m that I SHOULDN’T leave a crowbar and hammer aim the boot of my car on the drive?

Joking aside, I should probably move them.

simon_g

Yep, I use a Halfords tool chest. The locks aren’t the best but it’ll slow someone down if they didn’t bring their own tools. Machine Mart have some decent value ones too.

trevron73
    Free Member

A carrier bag? Only joking I use a RC car hauler bag.

Wally

Metal filing cabinets are very useful.

fossy

Too many tools in my garage, but the angle grinder is in the house – chop through everything.

petrieboy

In the tradition of recommending what you have can I suggest “a very messy garage”

It would be practically impossible for a burglar to find appropriate tools here – I’ve no idea where they are and I put them there

ayjaydoubleyou

It would be practically impossible for a burglar to find appropriate tools here – I’ve no idea where they are and I put them there

What if the burglar brought their wife with them? They would find it instantly

sirromj

In the tradition of recommending what you have can I suggest “a very messy garage”

I’m getting dangerously close to this and only had the shed 3 months. The jenga puzzle that was 3 bikes a bike frame, 3 wheels, tyres, jackets, shoes, and a scooter decided to topple the other day. Then the bottom of a cardboard box with a zillion small things decided to give way tipping contents everywhere. Mainly into and amongst other stacks of precariously placed overflowing boxes, and the floor. And I wonder why I still haven’t finished my workbench and bolted the vice to it.

But the metal filing cabinets I collected for free come in very useful, unfotunately don’t have the lock for them though, so won’t be storing angle grinder and 1mm cutting discs in there.

Waderider
    Free Member

A workshop.

Is this a trick question?

Edit – have actually read and understood the context of the question. You do know a stone from the garden could be used to break and enter? Maybe just make the garage more secure?

Northwind

Currently a tool chest on wheels, some random boxes, a tool bag, 2 work shelves, another tool box and some more random boxes in the house, and a derelict estate car.

ads678

Reckon most burglars have better tools than me anyway.

All my stuff is just in drawers in the garage….or just laying around on the work bench….

Northwind

Oh yeah, forgot the pockets of 4 different pairs of trousers, and of course the main storage facility, the floor

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What do you store your tools in?’ is closed to new replies.