What do you line your car boot/seats with?

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • What do you line your car boot/seats with?
  • Premier Icon frankconway
    Subscriber

Fluff and dust work well together.

hodgynd

20 odd years ago I had some wheelie bin liners made to my own spec ..very thick plastic ..some of which I still have left ..cut in half they make a great boot liner ..

20190315_073539 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

Premier Icon benp1
    Subscriber

Leather seats so they wipe clean easy enough. Use a boot liner and mat, really good quality, impressed with it – I started a thread on these a while back if you’re looking for links

I often borrow a hatchback for bike trips, I stick a big blue tarp inside and the car has never got dirty as a result

I started a thread about this recently for a berlingo. Got boot liner with bumper flap off ebay, was fine but just too small. Cost £15, fits the wives wee car well. Seems “tarp” was a popular and cheap option.

Wanted fancy so priced up the custom ones with all the bells and whistles I wanted but couldn’t spend that much!

Hatchbag £233
    Titan £133
    Rhino £145
    Boot Buddy £175

In the end went for a heavy duty tarp, rubber mats and waterproof seat covers with a bib type thing. Should cover me, or the car for all eventualities. Total cost £60

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

bike on the roof in a lockable Thule rack, front wheel in a wheel bag, boot lined with thick old blanket that I can chuck wet/muddy gear onto. also have used IKEA bags on road trips for “stuff”

Premier Icon Tracey
    Subscriber

I also have a 70l plastic bucket to drop all the wet stuff, bags and helmets into to stop them rolling about

https://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Strong-Flexible-Black-Mixing-Builders-Tub—73L/p/198840

Premier Icon bish
    Subscriber

Shower curtain in the boot. Cheap, waterproof and any colour you want.

Premier Icon bforbertie
    Subscriber

https://www.roofbox.co.uk/car-boot-liners-mats/

Got one for both cars, rubbery material, with a lip and waterproof, neat and tidy, seem to have them to fit most cars, and much cheaper (and better) than manufacturer one in my case (VW).

mjsmke

Im thinking a Tarp cut to size and glued together might work now. Could maybe make a custom bike bag with that if its really dirty.

philjunior

Mud, lost sweets, all mixed deep into the seats with a generous topping of spilled drinks and the odd vom*

If I was bothered about the interior of my car, I’d just fold up a tarp as appropriate, with some old towels/sheets to protect metal bits from each other.

*actually I think almost all of this has landed on the mud mats in the footwells or been caught in an appropriate container so far.

numbnut

I use a picnic rug with a waterproof backing.

Doesn’t rustle like a tarp does.

mjsmke

I use a picnic rug with a waterproof backing.

But are they actually waterproof or just water resistant? I used on on the backseats of my last car and put a wet tent ontop. The seats were soaked through when i got home.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.